going to start a build

not sure on the motor yet it was free would like to do a buggy but my funds are non existant so what ever comes along free or barter I really would like to do a buggy though

Well, I had to redo the exhaust routing. Put my radiator back in so I could modify and mount my air scoops. Cut my fenders and mounted them and the scoops. Made two mounts that bolt to the radiator and drilled a hole in each scoop and mounted them. Spent most of the day making a rear caliper mount out of cardboard several times till I was happy. Cut out the final design from steel. Made a couple spacers to locate the caliper center on the disk. Very happy the way it turned out. All I think I have left to do is make the gussets. Lots of welding to do now. Need a brake pedal still. Anyone have an extra laying around? Oh, and make one more brace for the swingarm. Once I know I have the rear suspension working correctly, I will send swingarm out to get replicated 3 to 4 inches longer.

And if anyone asks, I am running a yzf450 caliper. Once I get more pics, I will post them.

here are the latest pictures. let me know what you think.

once I am done with all the mock up and welding, I will be cleaning and polishing everything while the frame is getting powder. I am torn between a bright red frame or a bright orange frame. I will be putting on new white plastic and cant decide what color to run on the frame.

Well, I decided to go with a red frame since my shock spring and hubs and spindles are already red. With the white plastics I will be ordering, the color should pop. White, red, black and chrome. Should look really good.

lookin good can't wait for mne to be the way I want it

I can't wait to get it done. Been a lot of trial and error. Some money wasted on parts I couldn't get to work. Modifying some cause the PO of the frame cut off a couple brackets I needed that I didn't know were gone. Than all the modifying i had to do. I sure hope i can get the link suspension to work correctly. I'm confident it will.

maybe on the stroker gonna keep mine together to ride until I need parts from it gonna start the build soon with the 1 I just got

That will be cool. Can't wait to see the start of it. I got my new footpeg with brake pedel attached in the mail today. I was modifying the one I had till I dropped it and broke my tap off inside it. That was a pitfall in my build :/

That's the way it goes sometimes. I'm thinking of trading my kx for a blown up yz450f. But not sure yet.

the 480 just didn't get ridden I felt bad and took it out 1ce a month of less and rode I a few minutes I felt it was time for it to bring enjoyment to some 1 plus I used some of the money to buy the beginning of my project blaster