G-Force Axle Ugh!

2StrokeFTW

Feb 18, 2009
Scottsdale Arizona
So I installed it about a week ago, I noticed that my brake disc is rubbing the pads and i can bearly move the bike like it's locked or something. The instructions sucked I am hoping you guys can help me out. It looks like the disc needs to just move a little to the left (towards swingarm) but it wont and it has alot of play the disc itself (side to side) ugh! X:)-/

I highly doubt the g-force axle is teh cause of this and i totally agree that the instructions are complete crap!! lol i installed a g-force axle too and dont have any problem, so i dont think its the axle. Now someone can go o nto explain the real problem?

only thing i can think to check is the caliper bracket, did it get put on the right way, i notice it's offset a little to one side????

i have a g-force and i have yet to throw it on, and the directions dont seem to helpful but ill try thrown it on haha.

i just did a rear hydro swap, and when i try'd to put the bracket back on the caliper, to keep all the spare parts together
it looked like it could go a few different ways, it was kinda like one of them chinese puzzles, haha, maybe have a look at the schematic on bikebandit.com, under the "oem parts" link, and see how it goes

does the disk float freely on the axle??? it should move slightly to adjust on its own. If it doesnt then somethings installed wrong. If it disk floats on the axle go to the caliper. Depending on type of caliper u might need to modify it to fit the disk. I find that strange though since the caliper worked on the stock axle. Id start by making sure the disk moves on the axle side to side totaling about a 1/4 inch.

does the disk float freely on the axle??? it should move slightly to adjust on its own. If it doesnt then somethings installed wrong. If it disk floats on the axle go to the caliper. Depending on type of caliper u might need to modify it to fit the disk. I find that strange though since the caliper worked on the stock axle. Id start by making sure the disk moves on the axle side to side totaling about a 1/4 inch.

It def floats like when i take the caliper off i can slide the disc side to side alot

Honestly if someone with an 03 down could post a pic of there g force I could see where i went wrong installing it, or just prove i need a non floating disc. If anyone can post a pic thats mad rep points awaiting lol

Not sure if this will help. This is an 01 with rear hydro conversion and G Force axle.

blasters013.jpg

blasters014.jpg

blasters004.jpg

blasters002.jpg