Full Rebuild!

89custom

May 27, 2008
GTA, Ontario
Decided im tearin her down. school starting in 3 days, no time to ride, then winter cant really ride in the winter, engine being done right now, broken stud gota wait a week for new one.

Replacing:
-A-arm bushings(delron suckers)
-swingarm bearings
-axle bearings
-axle seals and such
-straightening swinger(easy, found out whats bent)
-cleaning everything up, like EVERYTHING, fixing brackets, geting rid of brackets not needed
-NEW PAINT(NEED HELP)
-painting everything but doing a 2 tone. not totaly sure what colour scheme

not to mention the new carb needing a new connector from the airbox, so i think im going to make myself a custom aluminum one, or just buy a new one. new 240 kit so im going to be cleaning up the outside of the engine thouroughly and posibly painting. i need a smexy colour scheme idea. right now, im kinda into the yellow and black but it cant really work with a yellow frame. i have black plastics as you can see, and im most likely keeping them cuz new ones cost an arm and a leg.

big job, but should be sweet. whats a good online STORE not ebay to get parts like bushings and bearings from? that SHIPS TO CANADA and doesnt cost an arm and a leg to do so. local shops are a rip off, so online is a must for me.

i dont know what else to say. if anyones got tips on doing a full restore + paintjob, please let me know. any good tips and tricks while takin this thing apart fully would be greatly apreciated.

maybe an orange frame? i wouldn't go lime green unless u really want to becuz there are alot of lime green with black plastics blasters out there Edited YFZ this a photo chopper that lets u make up a color scheme and then makes a photo of a yfz with the colors.

YO thanks dirty. thats sick. black plastics with yellow frame and black a arms looks SEXY but theres alot more frame exposed on a blaster so it looks alot different. not to mention the shape and size of the frame. the yellow frame might look nice.

YO which one of these? i defently want to do black upper a arms.

orangeandblack.jpg

blackandyellow.jpg

blackandred.jpg

the red looks a lil weird to me but thats just me becuz i hate anythign red like a red truck just makes me go nuts. the yellow would loook badass since u have yellow front shocks. orange is not bad at all either. both yellow or orange frame is a nice color

yeah i love the orange, but my yellow shock coils are holdin me back. can i paint shock coils? id paint em the same orange if i could. if not, idk what id do. but the orange defently looks bad ass.

its hard to paint shocks becuz the paint chipps off, ur better off buying a cover for your shocks

good call on that. that would work too. im thinkin that orange. and i pretty much can paint it all in my basement. my shops currently being rebuilt(we left our sexy work shop at our old house :( since u can move a room lol) so it doesnt have any walls or anything so i could lay down bunch of newspaper, screw some screws into the cross beams in the celiing and spray away. of cource after its all torn apart. i defently love that orange!! im guna do it.

ummmm maybe sandblasting will be better but i would pm fowlrock or 01blaster dude about it becuz they have more experience in painting

well f*cking 01blaster dudes got a body shop that does pro paint lol. so thats different. i decided just to hand sand it roughly. sandblasting will be expensive and a pain in the ass to round up all the parts

Yeah I'm like'in the orange or the yellow.
You can do the shocks but they would have to be PC'ed.
BTW RJATV for teh win!

i just ordered a bunch of stuff from rjatv and asked alot of questions and i was very happy with their service. from time of order till it was at my door was like 4 days i think.

Yeah their pretty good. It's to the point that if there's anything I need I check there last for the best price.

alot of things that would make sence to come in packs of 2 or whatever number gets confusing by the pricing and the lack of product detail. like bearings and sh*t, i just didnt bother ordering anything because i couldnt tell if they were full kits or single bearings and sh*t. its not very descriptive.