For sale YZ490 motor

i doubt it will be any fun to ride, too much power lol, well for me but hey i only have been ridin for about 3 yrs, i have a lot to learn. good luck dude!

yeah your going to need an extended awing arm and a lowering kit for the front... that is if you want to keep the front end on the ground at all, lol

ya ill have to just try and keep at least two tires on the ground for now untill i can afford the other upgrades. i read on one forum and a guy rode it stock for a while and it rode ok butsaid it is recommended to upgrade the swing arm and all

yea good luck with that if i havent told u yet, stay in one piece lol

well the motor came in today it is time to have some fun now i cant wait i think im going to go ahead and extend the swing arm 3 inchs what is your input on this should i go more or less? when you extend the swing arm do you have to buy a new one or can i just cut and re weld it?

You can cut and weld one if your good with that stuff. Just make sure you use strong steel to extend it and weld it real good.

i would go +4 but 3 is good too, id be afraid to ride it at all lol

hey mark I hope you like the motor! did it arrive in good shape? I would definitely go +4 on the swinger! dont hurt yourself on the beast, I'd feel terrible! lol

haha okk ill do +4 i just want to be able to wheelie it easily still but it looks to be in good shape i just took a peek at it but ill open it up this weekend. did it come with a carb?

ok it came with the carb but it broke while be shipped :/ it might still be usable though

yaa it need new crankshaft bearings and the clutchcould use a little work so make me an offer

make sure you cut and weld after the shock mount on the swinger. and i recommend after putting in your 4" section put a 6" long plate along the side of the swingarms and weld it to the original pars of the swing arm for extra support

i bet this dude sold you a junk motor, maybe not, but i got that feeling he did just by reading this thread.