For sale YZ490 motor

T

TJ BIG DAWG

Anybody interested in a YZ490 motor? Its got new piston,crank,bearings, and clutch. comes complete with carb and elect.ready to rip! $300 + shipping or part trade 4 performance blaster parts-ie;240kit,pipe,carb,etc...please email me at traviscikanek@yahoo.com (serious inquiries only please) Thanks

Dude I have a feeling this is gonna go fast cuzz just a few days ago everyone was talking about putting one of these in a blaster.

hey does this bolt right into a blaster?
how much cc's is it?
is it two or four stroke?
and how much would shipping cost to send it to Postal code E1B-4C6 (it is in canada)

thanks
mark

hey does this bolt right into a blaster?
how much cc's is it?
is it two or four stroke?
and how much would shipping cost to send it to Postal code E1B-4C6 (it is in canada)

thanks
mark
Its 490cc two stroke, and it will take modification- not a bolt-in. If your a serious buyer I can check on shp.

maybe thats why he joined and posted this.
Actually I just found this forum a week ago and saw all the talk about it. The
reason Im selling is I broke the neck on the bike landind a rough 60 footer, so I thought Id see if anyone was man enough to do the swap, or if it was just talk.

I guess it was all just talk, nobody's got the balls to do it...

YZ490 motor

I mentioned it in my post the other day. I was looking for a DT200L/C engine for a blaster project of mine or a Banshee into blaster frame. I said a guy up here in the Raleigh area has one with a YZ490 engine in it. IT IS NOT A BOLT IN PROJECT AT ALL unless you can weld and machine parts or know someone who will help dirt cheap it will be very expensive. It is do able IT IS A BEAST. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. it has an estimated 60hp at the rear wheel. I would say without a stretch swingarm you will not be able to keep front end on ground unless you weigh 250lbs and lean over front bars.

ok well i think im gonna go for it. my zx9r never killed me i dont see how much harm this will do... other than moding the frame and swing arm will i need a new exhaust? what all will need to be done to have it running. i tried looking for the forom where they were talking about this swap but the search wasnt working for me

re yz490 swap

The guy here in Raleigh with the yz490 blaster had 2 modify his exhaust pipe also. He had to do some cutting andwelding 2 make it clear, but it is something that can be done. I wish you the best of luck. If you do the project you will want to gussett the frame and if you are going to do that you may as well repaint your frame. I f you do this I would love 2 see some photos of the finished project.=))

Hey you guys quit trying to discourage him, I did a KTM500 swap for a friend and it wasnt that tough, all you need is a wire feed welder and about an hours practice with it(they're easy to learn to use) and you can pick one up for about $300new, its way worth it to get your own once you do you'll find yourself looking for more projects to do!

well im gonna do it in my dads garage he has every welder known to man. i have done a bunch of swaps in cars cars so i dont think that this will be to much harder. i was reading up on it and it doesnt seem all that hard it will just take a little bit of time. but it will be well worth it in the end

yz490 blaster

=))Hey, sorry guys Im not trying to discourage him, I just wanted him to know it will require some effort. It is definetely a do able project. I also wanted him to know that it would not be a machine that was mellow 2 ride. If you want to do this project, go for it dude!

ya im gonna get the money order for it tomorrow im gonna run it with a stock swing arm for a while so it should be fun lol