FMF Gold pipe isnt fitting flush with Spark A

CrownCustom

Jan 18, 2014
South East Kansas
So while going throught my mess of a blaster I've realized the work I have ahead. So my FMF Gold wasnt bolted up to the top vibration bracket, and when I went to fix this I realized my spark arrestor was barely sitting in the FMF. I can tell It had a bad seal at the exhaust port from being caked with soot. So I guess my question is should my pipe go all the way down to in the expansion pipe, or does the rubber cup-link (which mine is shot) solve that issue.

In my experience the pipe does not insert into the header pipe, it butts up and the void is filled by the rubber joiner.

There should be no leaks from either the header or at the joiner.

Just got a new rubber joiner coming because mine is coming. Just making sure, ripped it ripped it all down because on my Old CR it fit flawless right to the back of the flare. When you said to do a pressure check I kinda went crazy looking for possible issues. Also got a new header gasket coming too. Thanks guys.

not sure about FMF's silencer to header fit, but every pipe i've owned.....
Trinity, F7, LRD, Dynoport and Toomey, the silencer slides over the header stinger at least an 1" or so, some tighter than others, and the rubber boot seals it tight.

My rubber boot is rotted out on one side, so just have a new one on its way. Just making sure, spent an hour working on it and almost considered brazing it up. Then I realized I was getting drastic. Thanks guys.

The FMF silencer I have on a stock pipe is stubborn to get on. I actually cut a little off the stinger to get it all on and lined up when I first got it.

But as awk said, it should slide over and the rubber couplet is to keep it from leaking.

Look at it close. Might need shined up or it could be out of round. Happens to tubing all the time. A small burr would do it also.

In my experience the pipe does not insert into the header pipe, it butts up and the void is filled by the rubber joiner.

There should be no leaks from either the header or at the joiner.

Now you got me thinking, I know that my DMC butts up, I was sure that the FMF did as well.

Maybe this old fella made a mistake for the second time in his life.:D:D:D

My Fmf silencer slides over the expansion chamber pipe both Fmf. It slides over about 1" I would say. Its a snug fit. Honestly I don't have a rubber coupler or anything where they join and it doesn't leak. I slapped a gob of anti seize on it and it hasn't leaked at all. The Fmf's on the Shee hooked up the same way but they both had the coupler on them. Without the coupler they would leak..

My Fmf silencer slides over the expansion chamber pipe both Fmf. It slides over about 1" I would say. Its a snug fit. Honestly I don't have a rubber coupler or anything where they join and it doesn't leak.

Same here no rubber coupler , I just put a little silicone on muffler end then fit together and clampled it with a hose clamp.

Well it slides into it quite a way, but I wanted it to but up to the end, or else you would get a restriction or vortex effect with the pressure/size drop. But least of my worries now, having a bunch of other issues.