Finally time for a rebuil!

displacement has no contention on how a engine is tuned.........
lets see a yz125cc has 39hp stock
and a 200cc blaster has 16hp 17 18 19 whatever stock..........
the yz is 125cc blaster 200cc which has more power??
also i know the blaster weight's moreo_O
Lol what's that have to do with deciding on whether or not Ken or CT does my cylinder/head work? :rolleyes::p

Don't waste your time with ct racing porting on a stock cylinder. I will not go into detail. Ct is washed up. nuff said. lol If you want a 240 then you need to buy a 240 aftermarket cylinder. It is not worth converting a stock blaster cylinder to a 240. By the time you order a sleeve and piston, have your old one removed and new sleeve installed you could buy a vitos kit for the same price if not cheaper and that does not even factor in porting. Port that stock cylinder and you will be more than pleased. Might even make your kickstand stand up. lmao

Reactions: ProjectBlasturd
displacement has no contention on how a engine is tuned.........
lets see a yz125cc has 39hp stock
and a 200cc blaster has 16hp 17 18 19 whatever stock..........
the yz is 125cc blaster 200cc which has more power??
also i know the blaster weight's moreo_O
Lol what's that have to do with deciding on whether or not Ken or CT does my cylinder/head work? :rolleyes::p

Don't waste your time with ct racing porting on a stock cylinder. I will not go into detail. Ct is washed up. nuff said. lol If you want a 240 then you need to buy a 240 aftermarket cylinder. It is not worth converting a stock blaster cylinder to a 240. By the time you order a sleeve and piston, have your old one removed and new sleeve installed you could buy a vitos kit for the same price if not cheaper and that does not even factor in porting. Port that stock cylinder and you will be more than pleased. Might even make your kickstand stand up. lmao
So them no go on a 240 kit? I thought you recommended a 240 kit earlier Lol? I evem emailed ken and asked him what I'm looking at price wise for him to redo my head/cylinder so I can pick up s 240 kit and install it

Reactions: speedyslyder
So them no go on a 240 kit? I thought you recommended a 240 kit earlier Lol? I evem emailed ken and asked him what I'm looking at price wise for him to redo my head/cylinder so I can pick up s 240 kit and install it
That was in your other thread. I just quoted it so you could re read it. lol

Ported
head rechambered (pick what fuel you want now, race fuel or pump)
Bore next size up
Cough cough crank checked cough cough crank checked cough cough crank checked
Ported
Bore next size up
Gotcha. Check your messages

I just read all through this. Dualstroke's recommendations are the way to go.

I'm not going to cough like he did though when mentioning the crank. Get it checked and rebuilt if needed. Don't go to all this trouble and not know if it's still reliable.

If you do a rebuild like that's suggested, you'll have a very reliable blasters for quite awhile.

I just read all through this. Dualstroke's recommendations are the way to go.

I'm not going to cough like he did though when mentioning the crank. Get it checked and rebuilt if needed. Don't go to all this trouble and not know if it's still reliable.

If you do a rebuild like that's suggested, you'll have a very reliable blasters for quite awhile.
I hear ya man. Thata what I'm gonna do. It's only like 130-140 I think for ken to renuild a crank so I'm gonna send it to him

Ported
Bore next size up
Lol it looks like you gave me some good suggestions brother. I just got off the phone with Ken and told him everything you recommended me doing (in this comment I'm responding to) and he said that's all good recommendations. So within the next few weeks I'll be sending him stuff one by one :D

Reactions: DUALSTROKE
I would send it all at one time and let Ken know about your schedule, unless he doesn't want it until you're ready to (or can) pay.
No matter what do the crank first. Can't do anything with cylinder until you have a crankcase to put it on. Plus it takes way more work to put it together.

I would send it all at one time and let Ken know about your schedule, unless he doesn't want it until you're ready to (or can) pay.
No matter what do the crank first. Can't do anything with cylinder until you have a crankcase to put it on. Plus it takes way more work to put it together.
When I talked to him I told him I'm doing this on somewhat of a budget and he was cool with it (hence why I'm doing piece by piece). Can't afford to send it all at once. I don't have that much money to pay him at one time. And it shouldn' take that long to put a motor back together lol. I've seen dudes do it in 45 minutes. My flywheel puller will be here Friday then I can finish disassembly. Already have the bottom end seal kit

Well I'm a little anal about some things.
I check and recheck EVERYTHING !!

When I had to replace a crankcase because of a blown balancer bearing , it took three tries. Everything was fine up to the point of snugging the screws down and the trans would bind. Come to find out the output shaft bearing was in a couple thousand to far.

When I had to replace a crankcase because of a blown balancer bearing , it took three tries. Everything was fine up to the point of snugging the screws down and the trans would bind. Come to find out the output shaft bearing was in a couple thousand to far.
How do you put a bearing in too far? Should be pressed in flush. I've NEVER had that issue before. :confused::confused:

But I do plan on sending the crank to him first to have it rebuilt since it's the cheapest priced repair I'm needing him to do. Also sending him the flywheel to be lightened as well