Finally some new front shocks! pics inside

dburroug

Jan 16, 2009
Whats up guys...as you probably can see my front suspension is kinda unique...currently I am running 400ex front shocks and they blow basically....more like pogo sticks than shocks. I have the preload maxed out on them and still bottom on big hits and there is almost zero dampening. So i have been on the quest for something better for a couple weeks. Was lookin yfz450...but too short since my arms are about +5....so then started lookin ltr, ltz, trx....nothing really looked great or sounded like it would work good or be the right length i needed (~17 1/2 inches). Then of all the manufacturers i never search bam! POLARIS hahaha....found out the outlaw 500 came stock with Fox Podium shocks! and is the exact length i needed. I realize it is probably valved a little stiff for my use since the 500 is a monster sport quad, but i think the higher leverage ratio of my arms combined with no preload and low compression settings they are gonna be awesome...best thing of all though...125 bucks what a deal. Cant wait to get them and test fit. here is the set-up now with the 400ex shocks....and then the new Fox's below

28sq80n.jpg

o7v9dt.jpg

2i6eyvo.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, loooks like they should be good!!!

and the only thing good about those Polaris 525s is there KTM engine and fox shocks lol

haha couldnt agree more...i never even searched polaris on ebay cuz i hate them....but i forgot about the outlaw and the predator. They have amazing factory suspension

thanks guys...im so pumped to get to workin on this thing some more now that my summer has started. I will be getting some pics this weekend of more detail on how my banshee stuff was fitted on my blaster and post them up probably like sunday with measurements and stuff so we can all try to figure out what is stock and what was modded.

hey guys, i know im slackin with the info on my banshee setup, but to be honest all i did all weekend was rebuild my motor haha. But the good news is that i got that all back together and it should be good as new...new crank bearings, fresh bore hone/ wiesco, wrist pin bearing, threw a 14t front sprocket on it, and while i had the cases apart i modded my shift star. But in other blaster news i got those Fox Podium shocks in the mail and....wow...all i can say. I would have paid triple what i got them for, they look brand new. So i started lookin at my front suspension more and think i got it figured out. The a arms are definitely Banshee +3 +1 a-arms made by wicked products....and as far as i can tell there IS NO FRAME/MOUNT MODIFICATION to the blaster. The lower a arm mounts fit within the existing lower mounts and just require spacers/washers to take up the excess room. The uppers utilize a shaft + heim joint setup and again i believe no frame modification is needed, just some slight modifying of the included spacers(i think shortened). I will get some pictures of how the are actually setup on my quad, but i also wanted to get you guys the exact dimensions. So before i measure and take pics look at the pic below and let me know if there are any other measurements you guys wanna know for the front. I will also label all the stock mounting dimensions and how big the spacers are. Probably get the measurements and detailed pics up tomorrow. Then we will start figuring out the rear lol

woops...heres the arms...and dimensions im gonna measure...let me know if you want anything else
nby90n.jpg