DIY Paint Your Rims

sillykid

Oct 11, 2009
North Jersey
Seen many people on here asking hwo to paint there rims and do it the right way here is a step by step tutorial of how to do so.
SUPPLIES NEEDED

DSC_0046-5.jpg

Step one Remove your tires off of your atv.

Step two take tires and sand them down using 60 - 220 grit sandpaper removing any rust or blemishes for the best results.
DSC_0039-4.jpg

BE SURE TO REMOVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS
DSC_0041-5.jpg

Step three after removing all rust and blemishes take your denatured alcohol and wipe down the rims removing any dust/ dirt your rims should now look like this
DSC_0040-5.jpg

Step four using masking tape tape your way around the rim then take newspaper or shop towels as seen in my pictures and stick them to the tape folding them over to cover any spots you might not want to spray
DSC_0042-4.jpg

step five take your rim color and then spray a light coat of it on. when its done drying usually within a half hour you can put on a second coat. repeat this step 3 to 4 times or untill rim is covered to your satisfaction ( sanding may be needed between coats)
DSC_0047-3.jpg

Step six if sanding is need do so next take your clear and spary a light coat on the rims repeat this step 6 to 7 times to ensure no chipping with hard ridding
DSC_0048-3.jpg

DSC_0044-5.jpg

Step seven remove paper from around tires ( wait at least 12 hours till all paint is fully dry)and then bolt them on and your ready to go your finished product should look like this
DSC_0051-4.jpg

DSC_0053-3.jpg

NOICE!!! looks good. nice info
i've been thinkin of doing this but this weekend im sending a bunch of stuff out to get PC and cant decide if its worth PC them or just painting them for now and upgrading to some aluminum or something later on. hes only chargin me like an extra 50 bucks to do those

Nice! Rep given. I like the clean black look. I had no idea about the sanding in between layers. I'm trying to decide on painting, or polishing mine up like the one in your cig :)

nice man....rep given

i think its when u take the spark plug dip it in some gas and then if have a kick start then kick start it and if u see a spark or small flame on the spark plug then ur good i think thats what your trying to find out

and 2 stroke is when you have 2 seperate tanks one four gas one for oil but you can also mix the oil and gas and put it in the gas tank and it will work perfectly fine

^ ^ ^ what are you talkin about man ? there's nothing in this thread that even mentions spark plugs or checking for spark lol. Either your sleep typing or answering a question on a different thread !
Nice wrote up, should help some members out.