Discount tire probs...

My theory is somebody either did the final torquing with a hand tool,
or dude mounting the tire on the car starting them by hand and then forgot to hit them with the impact wrench after that.

you should never just blindly zap wheels on with an impact for final torque, only if you have a "torque stick" or extension.

i've gotten to do a few brake jobs because people tighten the lugs so tight it warps the rotors.

a torque wrench is the best way to do it, and for a while the dealership i worked at required all the guys to use a torque wrench

My stepdad went to get an oil change once and they forgot to put the plug back in. Needless to say they bought him a new motor and someone lost there job

My stepdad went to get an oil change once and they forgot to put the plug back in. Needless to say they bought him a new motor and someone lost there job

I took my Mustang to mr. tire for a trans fluid change and they forgot to put the dipstick back in.
About 1/2 mile from the shop I saw smoke in my mirrors and smelled burnt trans fluid.
I took it right back to the shop and we popped the hood.
Not only was the dipstick sitting on top my radiator but,
there was still a 2 foot dayglo orange funnel all bent up under there in the refill tube WTF!