Engine Dies - No Start

Camprnik

Sep 28, 2015
Hi All,

Just got back from the dunes where I ran into an engine issue. This is the first time I have had my 01 blaster out and it ran well the first day and a half. Halfway through the 2nd day, it bogged down and died rapidly while running out in the flats. I couldn't restart it and had to tow it back to camp. We cleaned the carb, blew out the line from the tank down and tested for gas, replaced the spark plug, checked for spark, and flipped the reeds around because they were gapped. After fighting it for a while, it suddenly started and ran great again. Then 30 mins later the tow rope came back out as it bogged down and died the same way. Again we pulled the carb apart, replaced the reeds this time and used ether to try and start the engine but all it does is the occasional backfire. It doesnt even sound like its trying to start unless you have throttle in.

This whole thing sounds like fuel issues to me, but I am not familiar enough with the blaster to know if there is something else out there to watch for. Does anyone know additional steps to try? I have ordered a full carb kit since I killed the gasket in the fuel bowl taking it apart so many times.

Reactions: bummer981