Discount tire probs...

blasterboy91

Feb 19, 2008
ARIZONA
i dropped $500 in new tires on my beast.2 weeks later im driving home from work an it sounds like a flat.turns out all but 2 of my lug nuts fell off.GREAT!call DT and the manager says they would pay for the tow. had it towed to my house cuz discount was closed.the tow truck driver said it would be fine to drive to discount which is less then a mile from my house.dont even get off my street before my whole tire falls off.call the manager,he drives out to me with a tow truck. and it gets better. It snapped my whole front bumper,my rims are shot,my studs/brakes/suspension looks to be totaled. and my passenger door doesnt even open now..

so next step is to file a claim and see where it goes from there...untill then im left at home all weekend >=(

that just sucks, they better fix that sh*t, completely, and bust out a rental for you while they do !!!!!!!!!!!!

That blows, sorry bro

Did you or the Tow truck driver check the remaining lugs? What kinda car/truck is it?

couple questions:

aluminum wheels?

how long ago/mileage?

did they suggest coming in for a retorque?

its all good i guess...the manager told me that hes gunna pay for everything from the tow to a wash/full tank of gas haha.he can have it DRIVEABLE by tomarow afternoon, but as for the damage thats going to have to wait a little bit longer im assuming...

i'd bet if you look at any paperwork you may have had to sign it'll say you have to come in for a retorque within XXX amount of miles. most places do anyway. its especially important with aluminum wheels.

and it sucks to have that happen, i lost a wheel on my camaro at 75mph on a 4 lane highway, not a fun ride to work

i'd bet if you look at any paperwork you may have had to sign it'll say you have to come in for a retorque within XXX amount of miles. most places do anyway. its especially important with aluminum wheels.

and it sucks to have that happen, i lost a wheel on my camaro at 75mph on a 4 lane highway, not a fun ride to work

no it didnt say anything about that...i sh*t a brick when he told me about it thinking that was the loop hole he needed,but not a thing...i got them put on the 23rd last month...so maybe 200 miles???

i bet they add a disclaimer now!!! lol

its one of those things that most people don't know need to be checked, ESPECIALLY with aluminum wheels. ANY time they come off i usually check them after 50-100 miles, then again after 100, or sooner if it feels odd

I hate to be that guy but I jes gottah ask....
You didn't notice the other lug nuts coming off after the first 2 fell off,
or you didn't check them???

I hate to be that guy but I jes gottah ask....
You didn't notice the other lug nuts coming off after the first 2 fell off,
or you didn't check them???

no worries man...but they all cam off at once.driving down i felt a wobble up front so i slowed down,thought that maybe it was just the road. it got worse so i pulled over and thats all she wrote.

now keep in mind that wen they brought it back to my house it had 3 studs,and 2 lugs still on.but as i made my first turn last night off my street the studs snapped off.only thing holding up my car was my tire that pushed my fron fender out,jacked up my brake system,and pinched my door closed...haha who would have thought huh???

its not so much that im mad,but baffled is a better word...they go to school to put on tires...thats all they do all day...

my old man got some tires put on at MR.TIRE and after he paid on the receipt was a waiver or disclosure. He handed him the receipt and said he had to come back w/ in 2 days to have the lugs re-torqued. He said if he didnt want them retorqued to sign here basically waiving them of any problems that would happen if he didnt go back in...

its the same principal as why head/jug nuts need to be retorqued after having the top end off

heat cycles/vibrations will loosen them. most likely they did everything they were supposed to do, this is something that happens from time to time if its not checked right away