custom atv air box

its been talked about.. i have yet to see a homemade aluminum airbox.. good luck if you do make one post some pics.. im sure someone here will give you the dimensions..

I am not going to run an air box, but I am working on a custom filter set-up for the 28mm OKO carb we are going to be running. I'll post picks in a few weeks when I get everything set up. I'm still in the planning phase and flotek has the top end.
I:I:eek:

I am not going to run an air box, but I am working on a custom filter set-up for the 28mm OKO carb we are going to be running. I'll post picks in a few weeks when I get everything set up. I'm still in the planning phase and flotek has the top end.
I:I:eek:
interested to see :]

i was lookin at the cfm ones and was thing bout tryin to mske one.i was thinkin make the box part and then use the stock boot for it.i might try this if someone will pm me the deminsions one.

i have the same idea as you make it out of sheet metal aluminum

^^^^^yep.i was gonna fold the sides and at 90 degree angle and make it like a long tab.you could rivet it all together.that was i was gonna do cuz have no welder.and use a clear silicone to seal the seams inbetween the piece of metal the rivet it.or i just thought about it you could bolt it together with some new nice shiny allen bolts and nuts

i can post or pm dimensions of my cfm tomorrow

post and pm me the demensions please thatw ay people whole also wanna try can see them and we will have them first hand erither one works

just measured mine for ya, it's 6 1/2"wide x 9" long, and 6 1/2" deep, i considered making one too, before i got a great deal on this one, just like you said, bend, leave corner tabs, and rivet, then seal with silicon, and i was gonna use 2" pvc electrical conduit for the tube, being an electrician for years, i've bent many a pieces of that, just take your time with a torch, keeping it moving so i dont burn it in one spot, till it gets all rubberry, have a template to hold it on the floor to, till you get the right angles to make it around the shock, and then hit it with a wet rag to cool it in the shape you need, then epoxy or quick steel it into the box, it needs to stick in about an inch, so the pod style filter can clamp to it, the uni i just got says for 2 1/4 - 2 1/2" tubes
hope that helps ya, post up some pics if ya get 'er done

rejetting, only if going from a stock to a k&n or uni, if you already have one of those, then you should have went up one size already, possibly jump one more for the added flow of the box, i was already jetted too rich when i added mine, so i didnt, and i really didnt see much gain, but had to use one cause my stock box was rubbing a hole in my 450r resivour, and it moved back far enuf that it left room for my new rear hydro rezi too, heres few pics of how it looks

Attachments

• HPIM1870.JPG
    HPIM1870.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 468
  • HPIM1866.JPG
    HPIM1866.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 422
  • HPIM1851.jpg
    HPIM1851.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 424
Last edited: