crank toast

dtridente

Oct 1, 2012
So I seized the bottom end, looking to rebuild not gonna go big or stroker. plan on keeping it oem specs. My questions are Do I need to send the crank out to get rebuilt? or should I just buy a new one? Also if the bottom end is the issue do I need to worry about the top end?

So I seized the bottom end, looking to rebuild not gonna go big or stroker. plan on keeping it oem specs. My questions are Do I need to send the crank out to get rebuilt? or should I just buy a new one? Also if the bottom end is the issue do I need to worry about the top end?
If you think you seized the bottem end how do you know it wasn't from the piston shattering ans seizing it ? If that's the case split the cases and get all of the pieces out. Very easy job as long as you got the right tools. And you can get your oem crank rebuilt cheaper than buying a new one. Call ken he will get you rolling.

Start by cleaning the outside, even bottom. That way you have far less chance of getting dirt inside. Pull head and cyl, it will be obvious whether piston or crank is issue. If it spit a roller out of the big end bearing , they could both be FUBAR.

It is apart, piston and cylinder look ok. No scores or gouges. Skirt is intact. The issue is in the bottom end. With knowing that, can I leave the piston and cylinder alone and only worry about the bottom end? I don't think I actually lost a roller out of the cage of the bearing but the big end of the rod is the issue. Or at least part of the issue.