Clean carb but no fuel

..."the bird bird bird, the bird is the word, OH the bird bird bird the bird is the word".... LMFAO.... sorry i couldnt help myself.... i love Family Guy....

But seriously whats up with that bike, you fix it?

The bike has me in a fit! I got it running, but it idles very high like it is sucking air. It will idle down sometimes but when it does it tries to die. When you give it throttle, it wants to bog. I can't find a leak anywhere. I took the TORS off of my bike and put it on this one when I did the delete on mine, so I know it's good, the venturi and slide are clean so the slide is not hanging on anything, the needle is on the second from the top notch, cleaned the thumb throttle assembly, cleaned the carb, removed the head pipe to make sure it is clean inside, checked the reeds which are basically new, the air screw is all the way in. The bike has an FMF PowerCore pipe and silencer, UNI filter, and I believe everything else is stock. Not sure what size jets are in the carb. Could this be a jetting problem? Could it be the carb needs to be rebuilt? If it's the jets, based on the mods, what size jets do I need? Someone please help me!!!!!

The bike has me in a fit! I got it running, but it idles very high like it is sucking air. It will idle down sometimes but when it does it tries to die. When you give it throttle, it wants to bog. I can't find a leak anywhere. I took the TORS off of my bike and put it on this one when I did the delete on mine, so I know it's good, the venturi and slide are clean so the slide is not hanging on anything, the needle is on the second from the top notch, cleaned the thumb throttle assembly, cleaned the carb, removed the head pipe to make sure it is clean inside, checked the reeds which are basically new, the air screw is all the way in. The bike has an FMF PowerCore pipe and silencer, UNI filter, and I believe everything else is stock. Not sure what size jets are in the carb. Could this be a jetting problem? Could it be the carb needs to be rebuilt? If it's the jets, based on the mods, what size jets do I need? Someone please help me!!!!!

what mods? what jet sizes? your air screw shouldnt be all the way in. it should be 1 1/2 turns out.

ok. I took the carb and cable (TORS deleted) off of my quad and put them on this one. No change. WTF??? I am stumped again. FMF PowerCore exhaust and UNI 2 stage foam filter. Everything else is stock. I live in N. Alabama where it is in the 80's with about 75% humidity right now. It runs at pretty high idle with the choke on, but when you push the choke lever back in, the idle skyrockets. Here is another stumper: sometimes you can turn the run switch off and it will cut the engine, but sometimes you have to pull the choke to make the engine die just to keep it from blowing up because it will idle full throttle. It will not start unless you choke it either. It has to be something other than the carb or jetting because like I said I have used two different carbs with no change. I am about to get a can of 93 octane and burn this MF down!!! Help me please. Thank you! BUMP PLEASE!

Last edited: