Check out my overall parts list and give me some feedback

teddyca

Jul 28, 2009
So I want to make this bike fast enough to keep up with the bigger raptors on the track but dont expect it to be a monster. I want it to just be a peppy little monster. HAHA So I have already ordered a pipe kit, ex400 rear shock, and want to address a few other things. Here is what I am thinking. I dont care much about top speed but more so handling and overall fun on short tracks. I want to do all this on a tight budget for the project. Bike is an 02

Banshee Hub

42T rear sprocket Yamaha Banshee Vito's Rear Sprocket 42T Blaster Raptor:eBay Motors (item 310085802400 end time Aug-17-09 17:18:15 PDT)

warrior front wheels (Aluminum)

Banshee rears (9")

banshee/warrior stem (Make the handle bars taller) 1989 YAMAHA WARRIOR STEERING STEM MOUNTING BRACKET:eBay Motors (item 230361468911 end time Aug-26-09 12:58:35 PDT)

What else should I add to my list? With next week of from work I plan on spending a day just on the blasty. Remember I just want a quick bike overall top speed is no concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also thinking. If I wanted to keep this on a tight budget, I could get a set of 18/10-8 tires for my stock rims and just do the rear axle and sprocket. I believe the 02's also needed the banshee hub? Not sure.

Well the plan is the widen the front with some spacers and the rear with a Banshee axle. Thats good enough for me. I might go over to Banshee shocks up front once I get to that.I:I

The 42 is for torque/acceleration, so you will have a lower top speed. I tried one recently and loved it on flats, the prob was with hills/jumps I'd have to downshift at least two gears after reaching the top. Basically shifts got real close together to get any kind of speed.

To be honest, I was also having plug fouling probs at the time too, so it may not have been a fair test, but I changed back to the 40T.

It seems like most people around here go the other way, adding a 14T to the front to gain top speed. Having never tried it I can't say what it will do for you on the track. BTW, what kind of track?

I would not run wheel spacers especially on a mx track.Handling is number one,it can be as fast as it wants but without great handling it will go nowhere.I'm sure many will agree and as stated above for a track get a-arms,shocks,longer swingarm and deffinately a nice wheel and tire combo.Also the banshee and warrior stem does need to be machined down to fit.