New blaster owner!

ej1coupe

Jul 30, 2015
Altoona, PA
What's up guys new here to the forum and a new blaster owner. I've been riding for a long time up until about 3 years ago. Sold everything and only occasionally ride a friend's quad or dirt bike or whatever. I mostly rode dirt bikes but My girlfriend just got a raptor 250 so I needed something to ride too haha so I picked up this blaster for 1k. I'm 23 5'8 and 140 pounds so I still fit on these smaller machines like I did when I was 12 lol.

So 1k got me this 95 blaster. I found some cheaper but the guy seemed like a good guy and it had all the stuff I would of done already on it. It's bored .40 over, toomey b1 pipe and silencer, front disk conversion, yzf450 master cylinder, banshee front shocks, 400ex rear shock, blocked off oil injection, vf3 reeds, twin air filter, vitos timing advance key dg front grab bar and nerfbars and warrior rims with Dunlop tires.

It fires up 1st kick nearly every time and idles smooth. Full throttle dropping to idle is perfect too. At about 1/4 throttle and just putting around it has a slight hesitation. I'm not too worried as I want something to ride for the rest of the season but it's just enough to bug me a little bit. Once you give it about half throttle it runs super smooth and the power band kicks hard. Surprised me when I did a 2nd gear pull and it lifter the front wheels up the first time I rode it haha. I'm going to try to ride it out this season not sure what my plans are for it. Not sure if I'll keep it a while or not but I like the size cause I can really throw it around its like a pocket rocket

Overall I'm happy with it. I like the color scheme, the peppy motor, the stopping power is great, and the wonderful 2stroke smell. The guy seemed like a legit guy too he said he built for his wife and she didn't like the clutch. He said it's a pretty fresh rebuild and I can tell it was recently torn apart cause I can see the new gasket sticking out in the head and the carb. He ran 32:1 using castor 927 which I always ran in my 2 strokes. I'm not sure on the jet sizes though but I'll probably just let it go as it.

my only plans are new levers and bars and change the gear oil for now. We'll see where it goes

Attachments

• 20150730_192551.jpg
    20150730_192551.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 233
Sounds like the previous owner knew what was up (previous forum member)? It is always a good idea to pop the carb off and see whats in there just to be safe. Toomey pipe is a great pipe. It likes the higher rpm range and when you hit the power band you will know it :)..

Welcome,,, Stick around there are allot of good folks on here..

Don't putt around at 1/4 throttle. Fixed !!

Could try tweaking air screw a hair either way. Sometimes there can be a flat spot that tuning won't fix , just how you're particular combination is. Might also check pilot jet for clean.

On another note, how does that 250 feel compared to a Blaster? Not counting power.

Yea it's not a big deal I barely just putt anyway haha i Just have to when I take it to her camp until we get to the trails. I might mess with the a/f screw when im bored. I like top end power though same the reason i liked my civics so much

The previous owner Def knew all the problem areas of the blaster. He did everything I wanted to he must of researched a lot haha

My girls raptor surprised me a lot too you can lug that thing around just above idle and it doesn't hesitate at all. It handles great, has really light steering and feels more stable then the blaster especially when sliding. It feels more roomy than it looks too its really narrow so you can move all over it. i for sure like the way it rides over my blaster.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm liking it so far I haven't really got to ride it hard yet though. All my friends were surprised how good it runs haha