Cheap blaster shock upgrades

Does a Banshee rear shock bolt right up on a Blaster? The stock ones ive seen have a reservoir on them so have to be better, solid struts would be better then stock suspension on a Blaster.

no, they are much shorter

Ahh, ok, i'm definitely gonna be picking me up a set of Banshee front shocks, just want something that rides smooth, I ride all kinds of terrain, looking for something to put on the back but really only wanta go Yamaha, I think its blasphemy putting another atv brand machines parts on my Yamaha like Honda or Kawasaki, junk ford parts on my Chevy, that kinda thing, old fashion I guess.

no, they are much shorter

Gees I did not even rear my ugly head and I get treated as a celebritry.

I must have something other than experience, good looks and a charming personality going for me.

Ahh yes I know what it is , I am a silly old fart that knows nothing.8-|:p:p:p

Reactions: BlastieSa
I have a couple questions...

1) I just bought a 400ex shock and the bushing kit. how will that affect my ride height? and my travel?

2) I found some brand-new OEM replacement banshee front shocks made by kimpex for $54. Are these any good? Is this a good deal? Also, how will banshee shocks affect my ride height and travel?

I am looking to make my blaster a nicer ride over the bumps. I don't jump too much. My girlfriend and I are the only ones who ride it. I am 140 lbs and she is 110 lbs.

The rear shock will make it sit about 2" higher, and increase travel some. But overall its softer.

Do not buy cheap "replacement" shocks. Buy OEM real banshee shocks. No ride height difference, and they are also softer/more forgiving

Got the 400EX shock in and went with stock OEM banshee fronts...

the 400EX spring is a little hard for my liking (I'm only a 130lb guy) and I don't really like how it lifted the rear - although it is still better than stock. Has anyone ever tried putting the blaster spring in the 400EX shock? They're about the same length and I think the blaster spring is dual rate... Do you think it's softer?

stock blaster rear shock spring is single rate.
check ebay, or GT thunder, i've seen replacement springs for the honda shocks before

here ya go, choose ride height and rider weight 400ex rear shock springs.....

New Honda TRX400EX Rear Springs for Stock Shock Suspension Aftermarket | eBay

Yeah, I've seen those on ebay... I just didn't want to buy something if I could use something I already have. For now it's not worth the money. I'd rather spend that money on a ride or another upgrade. I'm a poor college student lol.

It seems like blaster shocks don't really go for anything on ebay... I might just try swapping springs one of these days when I'm bored and see if there's any difference in sag. I like working and experimenting anyways. I'm not even sure how to get the blaster spring off... I may have to ruin the shock in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've seen those on ebay... I just didn't want to buy something if I could use something I already have. For now it's not worth the money. I'd rather spend that money on a ride or another upgrade. I'm a poor college student lol.

It seems like blaster shocks don't really go for anything on ebay... I might just try swapping springs one of these days when I'm bored and see if there's any difference in sag. I like working and experimenting anyways. I'm not even sure how to get the blaster spring off... I may have to ruin the shock in the process.

Run a couple of ratchet straps around the springs on two sides and then start to ratchet them down. This will compress the spring allowing you to remove the sprint retainer. That's the poor college kid approach. If you want to do it right, purchase a spring compressor.

Ratchet straps work fine though...

Just go to shucks, or any auto parts store and see if they will let you borrow a spring compressor. Make your life easier, and a better chance of your fingers being stay attached to your body. :D

for some reason i can't get it to load, but if they will fit a banshee they will fit a blaster. as long as were talking about the fronts.

yes, progressive shocks for a banshee will fit your blaster
they are not chinese junk, but aren't works or elka's either.
reveiws i've seen are OK, mid priced upgrade to stockers

edit:

not a 512 but prolly similar features

reveiw:
http://www.4x4review.com/progressive-512-suspension-system-for-honda-rancher/

512 Series Features:
  • Progressive rate springs for a comfortable ride and improved load stability
  • Five position pre-load adjustments
  • Velocity sensitive damping for a smoother ride
  • Gas charged damping consistency
  • Equipped with "Shock Sox" to help keep springs and adjusters clean

Last edited by a moderator: