Cheap blaster shock upgrades

Tocco

Apr 10, 2013
I have a 1991 yamaha blaster, with stock suspension and the ride is really rough...... would any shocks upgrade to make itbetter ride? Banshee, trx450, or anything cheap, want a rear for around 100$....... thanks guys!

For the rear Z400,400ex are the ones you can find in real good condition for a good price. You will need the Ken OConner upper bushing and drill the bottom mount hole on the shock to 12mm.

I've got an KFX400 rear and Banshee fronts. I was amazed how smooth the Banshee fronts rode. Bought mine fronts for $40/$45 shipped from a member here and gave $50 for my KFX400 rear off eBay.

Thanks guys! I got my 400ex rear on after with the ken oconnor bushing kit, saving up for some works in front!

Reactions: Blowout17
What shocks do you recommend?

used works performance shocks from ebay.
both blaster or banshee standard length will fit stock arms.
be sure the seller lists the weight rider they are set-up for, or ask before buying.
my experience (3 sets) is a 50lb. weight swing seems to be ok, but don't buy shocks for a 125lb rider if your over 200lbs.

banshee shocks are really soft, i think theyd be perfect for trail riding and what not,but if you were going to the dunes or racing you mise well spend the money and buy works. that or buy a mouth guard to wear while riding with stock shocks :$

Someone on Craigslist had some 08 yfz 450 shocks for a hundred bucks I missed out someone bought them quick

used works performance shocks from ebay.
both blaster or banshee standard length will fit stock arms.
be sure the seller lists the weight rider they are set-up for, or ask before buying.
my experience (3 sets) is a 50lb. weight swing seems to be ok, but don't buy shocks for a 125lb rider if your over 200lbs.

Couldnt you send them in to Works and get them adjusted for you?