CFM Airbox

nofxfan125

May 9, 2009
Freeland, PA
I just got my CFM airbox yesterday and installed it today. I was going to do a write up on installing it, but there's nothing to write. It just dropped right in with no problems at all. I was amazed at how easy this was. Here's some pictures.

23kw5g0.jpg

29l0oz7.jpg

amtv6e.jpg

258uvjo.jpg

qrf78o.jpg

2wd3e4o.jpg

well if ur gunna run rear fender you need to cut the stock airbox out

Yeah, I Know that. It's just that it's 12 degrees outside tonight and all I have is a wimpy little kerosene heater, the kind with the wick. So, I didn't want to really stay out there in the garage any longer than I had to. It really doesn't get too warm in that old piece of crap shack. I'll get the fenders cut up one of these days soon. That's a minor job. I Was just so excited to put in the new airbox I couldn't wait for any warmer weather! Haha. I also took the time to drain the bowl on my carb while I was suffering the 12 degree weather.

Take pics from the sides,i wanna see how u bolted it up,i have the same one but i dont get where it bolts up.

One side uses one of the tabs from the oil injection tank,the other side gets the aluminum spacer they give you and bolts to the air box.That spacer just slides up into the "v groove" of the rear frame section.Basically where the last two rear frame rails come together and get welded.Now if you were like me and cut all the uneccesary brackets off then you need to come up with a new mounting system.Also I added a gusset kit to my frame so the cfm deffinately needed to be custom mounted.Liquid if you are in the same boat p.m. me and I will show you some pics.CFM makes a great airbox and I suggest it to anyone in the market for an airbox.Great improvement.
PB makes a nice one also but for the price it should come with a jar of vasseline.lol

^^lol i got my cfm about 2 weeks ago and its still not mounted.....(to friggan cold), dualstroke send me some pics of ur mount setup if u could. im modding mine up but still would like to see the mounting pics, thanx brotha

^^lol i got my cfm about 2 weeks ago and its still not mounted.....(to friggan cold), dualstroke send me some pics of ur mount setup if u could. im modding mine up but still would like to see the mounting pics, thanx brotha

sent you some via p.m. bro. If anyone needs more let me know.

I am the only one who got a sh*tty box aren't I ???

I think the dude was drunk when he made mine... the tube was almost bent and welded the opposite way...

Reactions: ajblaster