carb jetting

Start with a 300 with current mods and plug chop to confirm. It may be pretty rich so order a 290 as well. at your altitude you might find a 290 is better. but start with the 300.
Thanks for the help I appreciate it I will order 29 through 35

Not sure if this has been covered, but start big and work down. You don't necessarily have to plug chop every time, either. I only chop when my plugs start to dry up.

In my Banshee, I was wet at 350, damp at 340, didn't have a 330 so I jumped to a 320 and it was a little lighter than I like. I only plug chopped the 320s. So the 340s are in there now until the 330s come in.

When did you read the plug, after a period of idling or from a motor kill after pulling hard?

Reading from idle will give a false reading of the AFR at WOT.

If you have a dry plug reading from pulling at idle there could be something wrong with the AFR

Start with a 300 with current mods and plug chop to confirm. It may be pretty rich so order a 290 as well. at your altitude you might find a 290 is better. but start with the 300.
Thanks for the help I appreciate it I will order 29 through 35

A plug chop will give you a very fair indication of AFR but it cannot be relied upon reading it from a plug pulled from anything than a engine kill at full power.

Engine kill from WOT after a minimum of 15 seconds is the only way to go IMO. When I said that I don't plug chop every time, I meant that I didn't cut the plugs every time that I checked it. I only cut them when I start to get close.

I would jet for sea level

stock is 230.

DMC = +3, Needle on bottom clip.

Aftermarket Aid cleaner no lid +3, or +4

230 + 3 + 4 = 300 Main, Stock Pilot, Needle Bottom Clip.

I suspect at your altitude that will be pretty rich. Plug chop to confirm. If you are rich drop to a 290. I'll bet a dollar to a donut you end up at a 280 but always error on the rich side.

Screenshot_2014-07-14-15-15-41.png

I would jet for sea level

stock is 230.

DMC = +3, Needle on bottom clip.

Aftermarket Aid cleaner no lid +3, or +4

230 + 3 + 4 = 300 Main, Stock Pilot, Needle Bottom Clip.

I suspect at your altitude that will be pretty rich. Plug chop to confirm. If you are rich drop to a 290. I'll bet a dollar to a donut you end up at a 280 but always error on the rich side.
You need clamps on the joiner.
There on that was just apic I took

When y'all say bottom clip that is counting down from the top of the needle down right sorry I ask so many questions I just don't want to burn it up and I am building my knowledge thanks

Any time a clip position is given, it is stated as though you are holding the needle in the manner that it sits in the slide with the skinny part at the bottom. Bottom position is the position that is closest to the small end.

It looks much better on your behalf to ask questions. It shows initiative, care for your machine, intelligence, humbleness, and patience. If you frequent this forum for a few months, you'll learn more than you knew there was to learn. I've been into motorsports since I was a kid and I learn something from this site all the time. More importantly, I learn what things I/we need to make sure to cover for new members. Implied tasks ruin engines.

Blasters are a great place to start with 2-strokes and ATVs in general. Single cylinder, air cooled, carburetor fed, physically small, and cheap make for quicker learning and a higher fun/stress ratio. It isn't like the Banshee realm where there is so much to know and learn. In the amount of time it takes you to be able to properly plan and execute a mostly aftermarket, high performance Banshee engine build, you can just about master everything to do with a Blaster.

If you want to take it even further, get into a full RB25DET swap and build. Builds like that is why I reside here where people don't pull their hair out all day long. At this point in my life, I can't handle a hobby that I have to dedicate every thought of every waking hour to.

***My profile picture is of the exhaust housing of a turbo that I ported and coated for a swap and build on an SR20DET which is (for all intensive purposes) roughly similar to an RB25DET.***

Ask all you want. I don't know about everyone else on here, but I love to talk lol. Even if you think you can figure it out on your own, still ask. You'll know that you have the right answer AND you'll help pass information on to others that don't know. After all, that's what forums are for.

Is this the correct position for my clip and when I removed it had a plastic washer on top and bottom do those go back like the came out thanks