Can't kick

Thanks for the reply.

Will I also need a new top end kit or can I urese the same piston and rings.
The previous owner told me that it was bored to 240 how can I check this to make sure I buy the correct size piston and ring kit?

Lol that was an inside thing going from another members post... Good job splitting the cases tho

Heat up your cases and pop those main bearings out and toss them in the trash. Get new ones. Order a pro x rod kit and get that crank rebuilt. Than put it all back together.

If I order the pro x rod kit (like $100), will I have to take the crank somewhere to get rebuilt? How much does it usually cost? Or can I possibly do it on my own?

OR CAN I just buy a kit like this once I find out what my cylinder is bored out to:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/140927786106?nav=SEARCH

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a oem crank , rebuilding it is the best option you have. They are very reliable, and are tried and trued.

If you need a top end, you might want to send that in to see if it's still In specs. If it is, you can get off with a new hone and rings, if it's out have it bored the the next over size that gets it back in spec.

That will give you a good soild foundation to start building from

HELLLP!!

I can't get the new crank bearings into the case :(
I put the bearings in the freeze for about 5 hours (was only gonna do an hour but forgot to take them out) I also heated the case with a propane torch for about 5 min and can't get the bearings in. Do I need to heat it up more?? Don't want to hammer them in and mess them up. Any advice on how I can get these new bearings into the case

HELLLP!!

I put the bearings in the freeze for about 5 hours (was only gonna do an hour but forgot to take them out) I also heated the case with a propane torch for about 5 min and can't get the bearings in. Do I need to heat it up more?? Don't want to hammer them in and mess them up. Any advice on how I can get these new bearings into the case

HELLLP!!
yes, keep heating the case evenly around and it may drop in, the aluminum case will heat up and expand quicker than the steel bearing
if not, the only choice is to tap it in.
you'll need something the exact size as the outside race of the bearing to do that, never tap on the inner race part.
I have a piece of .190 aluminum cut the size of carrier bearings that i use with a socket to tap them into the carrier.

image.jpg

That's as far as it went. Bearing was in freezer for loooong time. Used the torch on the case for like 8 min aaaand :(

It only has to be a little bit out of square and the bearing will never press in.

Is one edge in a little more than the other?

It only has to be a little bit out of square and the bearing will never press in.

Is one edge in a little more than the other?

Damn it. One side is just slightly more in.
So frustrating.

Can I heat the case with the bearing in there how it is now or is that a bad idea?

Tap the bearing back out. Best way to do it is put the case in the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes or until the case is evenly hot. Than drop in the freezer bearing. Works way better than using a propane torch.

Going to put my bearing in the freezer again and try the oven again in like an hour. Really hope this works.
Taking this engine apart was so easy and the videos make it look easy to put it back together. Hopefully I don't have this much problems with any other part of the build

Damn it. One side is just slightly more in.
So frustrating.

Can I heat the case with the bearing in there how it is now or is that a bad idea?
Please check the bearing holders to see if the uneven fitup of the bearing has marred the surface.

Usually they will not marr, but if you tried to really force the bearing in there it may have created a ridge which may need removal.

Please check the bearing holders to see if the uneven fitup of the bearing has marred the surface.

Usually they will not marr, but if you tried to really force the bearing in there it may have created a ridge which may need removal.

It was fine. Thanks for the tip

Tap the bearing back out. Best way to do it is put the case in the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes or until the case is evenly hot. Than drop in the freezer bearing. Works way better than using a propane torch.

FINALLY :D I got both bearings in now I need to do the crankshaft lol. I watched KOR video of the rebuild and I'm going to try it how he did it. Any other ways I could probably do it that would be easier.

I have done it kens way many times, heated a socket up that was the same saize as the inner race set it on the bearing and pressed down a little bit to get the heat transfer good and then popped it in no problem.

When I put it back on the bike should I keep the oil injection. I've read a lot of different reviews about it both good and bad. I personally like having the it so that I don't have to worry about mixing everytime I put in gas. But some one told me that idol injection is no good if I'm going to be doing wheelies because it won't get enough oil to the motor. Keep it or get rid of it??:/