Can you make a blaster as fast as a 250r?

imo a stock 250r would kill a heavy modded 240 blaster. then if not just add a good filter exhaust and jetted carb

I don't agree with a STOCK 250R killing a heavily modded blaster. 250r's had between 28-32 hp.

My blaster will beat a STOCK 250r

wifesblaster you are modded to the max and race style frame. how would a 250r trailed ported re-chamber head bigger carb full exhaust stroker crank running against you?

Well this topic was regarding a STOCK 250R. I am not modded to the max. There is always a little more power to be had.

And if the 250r was piped ad ported I would bring the banshee out!

Well this topic was regarding a STOCK 250R. I am not modded to the max. There is always a little more power to be had.

And if the 250r was piped ad ported I would bring the banshee out!

It wouldn't even be a race if you pulled the banshee out!! 250r would just be trying to catch up the whole time.. we'd have to pull out blastersaurus #2 first

trinity how do you have 2 port styles? oko 30 mm carb jetted and a modded airbox will help

I have never been quite sure how trinity was able to do duel ports but it definitely helps haveing it. I have ran a modded air box but this motor does not like a lot of air with the stock carb but once I get some more money I have to buy new a arms and shocks before I can throw anymore money at the motor. When I was jetting and plug chopping it it took me a week to get it running just right.

I have never been quite sure how trinity was able to do duel ports but it definitely helps haveing it. I have ran a modded air box but this motor does not like a lot of air with the stock carb but once I get some more money I have to buy new a arms and shocks before I can throw anymore money at the motor. When I was jetting and plug chopping it it took me a week to get it running just right.

Are you saying your trinity 265 big bore kit has both a aggressive trail port and a mild race port, and you are running a stock carb?????

Your blaster will run a lot better with a bigger carb!!

Are you saying your trinity 265 big bore kit has both a aggressive trail port and a mild race port, and you are running a stock carb?????

Your blaster will run a lot better with a bigger carb!!

Yes it has both and I know it will run better with a bigger carb but iam short on cash and probably won't be able to buy a new carb until march 5. It doesn't complain about the stock carb at all.

i assure you a blaster is not hard to make as fast as a 250r, and dosnt need a whole lot of money thrown at it eather!!!
you do not need a stroker or bbk or anything overly crazy at all.

i entered my blaster into a local drag race meet last summer just for sh*ts an giggles. my blaster has a aggresivly ported cylinder done by joeak47 aswell as a hemi head, fmf pipe, stock carb tuned to perfection....that is it. honestly
i ended up KILLING an 86 250ratc with fmf exhaust an other unknown mods. had people completely amazed how the blaster worked. i aswell beat out two sepret 400exs both moddified one even had elka shocks worth more then my whole quad.

do some research an learn what u can. take advise from those who have it an filter out those who dont.... an plz dont go blow 700 on a bbk an stroker before u truly understand what ur doin. ive built more of these then most on here have seen in person, these are sweeeeeeet machines

i assure you a blaster is not hard to make as fast as a 250r, and dosnt need a whole lot of money thrown at it eather!!!
you do not need a stroker or bbk or anything overly crazy at all.

i entered my blaster into a local drag race meet last summer just for sh*ts an giggles. my blaster has a aggresivly ported cylinder done by joeak47 aswell as a hemi head, fmf pipe, stock carb tuned to perfection....that is it. honestly
i ended up KILLING an 86 250ratc with fmf exhaust an other unknown mods. had people completely amazed how the blaster worked. i aswell beat out two sepret 400exs both moddified one even had elka shocks worth more then my whole quad.

do some research an learn what u can. take advise from those who have it an filter out those who dont.... an plz dont go blow 700 on a bbk an stroker before u truly understand what ur doin. ive built more of these then most on here have seen in person, these are sweeeeeeet machines

Could not have said it better. I think most people think blasters are slow because they throw a pipe on it jet it wrong. I agree you don't need a bbk or stoker to achieve respectable hp and ride ability.

The only reason why I have a 240 sleeve pressed into a stock cylinder is because my cylinder was bored to 68.25 when I bought it and it needed a top end. I went with a stroker crank because I wanted a complete fresh motor. Anybody who has ridden a blaster with a GOOD port job and a GOOD Rechambered head will understand the above post. You also need to be able to jet and understand what the motor needs. Just out of pure curiosity I would like to put mine on Dyno.

just for the record, a guy called ken once to report he had followed the youtube DIY porting vids to the T, then had it dynoed, it made 28hp. (up from 17-ish stock)
he was so excited he had to call ken to thank him.

as WE all know, the DIY vids are just the basics, and are not how, or even close to the specs, of a port job from ken.

with the supporting bolt-ons, no doubt alot of us are making mid 30's +

Proper maintenance and a knowledgeable engine builder is key. It could rip like a rocket from point A to B but have fun pushing, pulling, dragging it back if you don't take care of whatever you decide to do. There's more to it than just motor work.. A head mod and port job will get you going strait very nicely. What happens when you want to stop, jump, or make a turn? Especially on a stock blaster an R will have you beat all day. All in all remember this. Enjoy your build. Do what you want and what you will be happy with and for the type of riding your into. Don't spend $$ on things just because someone says its cool or it looks neat etc.. Also with engine upgrades you should also be looking into and investing in suspension upgrades .. A few $$$ in motor work head, port work, and pipe at the least !. Than some $$ on shocks, swinger , possibly a arms and wider axle. Not knowing if you will be working with an 03 or newer blaster you could also be needing to upgrade the brakes. So in order for it to "ride" like an "R" you're going to need to spend some $$.

The 250r is hands down the best geometry frame ever made. They can be built up quite a bit. At my track myself and the 250r's are neck and neck in a drag race every time. So yes you can make a blaster as fast as a 250r especially stock. You have to remember though that there is a ton of aftermarket parts, cylinders, etc available for the 250r. A well built and well tuned 250r with aftermarket cylinder, carb, etc etc should beat a blaster every time with a good rider and a great tune. That goes for the blaster as well. If it is not tuned correctly and a unexperienced rider it will not beat many machines.