Can you make a blaster as fast as a 250r?

mattsteibler26

Dec 8, 2011
Looking to buy another quad and i want something fast 2 stroke thats not a banshee, I was looking into and lt250r or trx 250r but really dont want anything that old, I was wondering if anyone has a blaster that can run like a 250r or put out near 30+ hp. And what it would take to get one to run like a 250r if even posssible

It is possible to get 35+ out of a Blaster if you have the ready cash.

Pipe, port, head, stroke, carb, fuel, air filter, oil/fuel ratio, the list goes on.

sweet! nicest blaster i've ever seen. I was looking to buy an 03+ and see if i can get it to run like a 250r, I dont know what itd take, Toomey? 240 kit? good gearing ?

Stroker, BBK, port work, head work, proper carb and jetting. Wider front end and rear, extended swinger, upgraded suspension. That fun stuff I:I or a motor swap. What type of riding will you be doing? It really comes down to budget. Just remember you need to upgrade your suspension and stance of the bike along with motor mods in order to get the most out of it. One without the other is pointless Imo..

Go through and read some of the builds on here. There's a lot of time, $$$, blood and sweat spent on allot of these. It's a labor of love for most. Building your'e own bike to how you want it. That's what's nice about the blaster. There are many different ways to go to suite what you want. For example Wifesblaster's bikes, Dualstroke's drag bike, Awk's trail bikes, Best's Ktm blaster just to name a few off the top of my head. Read up on the builds if you haven't already. Theres many many more sweet bikes on the forum to check out and see how they got that way and what it takes.. Figure out what you want and like and come up with a game plan and budget..

My blaster with trinity 265 big bore kit and a aggressive trail port and a mild race port, hot rods 56 mill crank, the matching trinity pipe and chamber to go with the top end, wiseco piston, stock carb, will outrun a 250r until I hit 6th gear and then it falls on its face because iam still running stock gearing, stock carb, and have not messed around with the timeing. The only problem with the setup Iam running now is Iam now broke. LOL

My blaster with trinity 265 big bore kit and a aggressive trail port and a mild race port, hot rods 56 mill crank, the matching trinity pipe and chamber to go with the top end, wiseco piston, stock carb, will outrun a 250r until I hit 6th gear and then it falls on its face because iam still running stock gearing, stock carb, and have not messed around with the timeing. The only problem with the setup Iam running now is Iam now broke. LOL

How did you end up with a 56mm crank????? Stock stroke is 57mm. I have never seen a 265 kit. I know they used to make them a long time ago, but I heard they had a lot of problems. What size piston do you have in it?

Yep It's possible!

A stock honda 250r was good for about 33hp to 36hp, with the potential for more hp.

The Trinity racing 265cc kit from back in the day had a advertised dyno for around 36hp to 38hp, with the potential for more hp. I think??

Trinity also advertised a 240cc, 285cc, 295stcc and a 300cc kit.

The CT Sonic 240kit is advertised at 40.7 hp, with the potential for more hp.

you can but why? who cares if the 250 is old? a 250r is a better bike in the longrun, my 89 blaster is old yeah but everything works as it should. my dad has a 250r and it just feels better in every aspect plus you can port that maybe a esr 310 kit and be putting out around 50 hp, just my opinion...

How did you end up with a 56mm crank????? Stock stroke is 57mm. I have never seen a 265 kit. I know they used to make them a long time ago, but I heard they had a lot of problems. What size piston do you have in it?
Sorry misstyped the crank I belive its a 68 mill but I could be wrong. Cant remember. I got the top end from a guy who had 4 hours on it for a steal. I cant remember the size of the piston but I called up trinity and they sent me a wiseco that was built for this top end. As for problems, I have put 20 hours on it and have only had one problem, with oil dripping out of the exhaust where the head the pipe connect but fixed it with a new seal and some rtv. I know rtv is not the best way to do it but the motor has so much compression it drips out a little oil no matter what.

Yep It's possible!

A stock honda 250r was good for about 33hp to 36hp, with the potential for more hp.

The Trinity racing 265cc kit from back in the day had a advertised dyno for around 36hp to 38hp, with the potential for more hp. I think??

Trinity also advertised a 240cc, 285cc, 295stcc and a 300cc kit.

The CT Sonic 240kit is advertised at 40.7 hp, with the potential for more hp.
I have never had my motor on a dyno but I have had several people tell me that iam probably at 40 - 45hp with the ability to make more with a new carb and airbox.

Sorry misstyped the crank I belive its a 68 mill but I could be wrong. Cant remember. I got the top end from a guy who had 4 hours on it for a steal. I cant remember the size of the piston but I called up trinity and they sent me a wiseco that was built for this top end. As for problems, I have put 20 hours on it and have only had one problem, with oil dripping out of the exhaust where the head the pipe connect but fixed it with a new seal and some rtv. I know rtv is not the best way to do it but the motor has so much compression it drips out a little oil no matter what.

If you figured out how to stoke a blaster 12mm I want some more info :eek: if you do infact have a 250 bbk and a stroker crank you need to get a 35mm - 38mm carb and air box.

What are you running for jets in that stock carb?