Bye bye RM, Hello Shee

I haven't updated this in awhile. The Banshee is getting more and more in depth. I had an electrical nightmare, bad coil, and a 35PWK carb that wouldn't cooperate with me.

I ended up rejetting an extra 34mm PJ carb that I had for the 250r. throw it all back in, It would only run on one cylinder, Even with the 2 to 1 intake carb setup.

After trying to figure out what was going on, I started looking into my wiring, found that the harness is all chopped up, broken ground wires, and I also found resistance values for the electronics. Everything checked out electrically except the coil.

I Found a Guy that Makes Custom Banshee Wiring harnesses. I sent him some pics of my plug style, he asked what all I wanted and needed, and he whipped this out for me!
wiringharness.jpg

He had a coil also, so I'll be getting everything in one package. I talked with him for a bit last night, and He might start doing Blaster harnesses as well. I need to get him a few measurements, and he will start making them.

The cool thing with this harness is its pretty much plug and play. I plan on starting back near the cdi and replacing it following the wire routing. I'll take some pics as I get into it. Hope to have a Running Banshee again here soon!

I got the wiring harness yesterday. I must say, neat clean, everything lines up well. Top Shelf work for sure. I installed it and the new coil, took the Shee outside....still firing on one cylinder.

After a large amount of 4 letter words, I pushed it back inside and decided to drink beer, eat hotdogs, and celebrate Labor day with my neighbors.

I just got done tearing back into it this morning. Figured I'd better pull the right pipe to look in on the piston.

This is what I found....
testplug.jpg

That's right.....It's the test plug from my last leakdown test. I totally forgot to take it out, put the pipe on over it, ran it 3 times.

I messed up a good one this time, but I did end up finding out I had a bad coil, and a chopped up wiring harness.
I'm going to get it backtogether today, and work on getting it Jetted. Hopefully we have some Pics of it by the Ropeswing Lake by tonight.

Reactions: motoman159
I got the wiring harness yesterday. I must say, neat clean, everything lines up well. Top Shelf work for sure. I installed it and the new coil, took the Shee outside....still firing on one cylinder.

After a large amount of 4 letter words, I pushed it back inside and decided to drink beer, eat hotdogs, and celebrate Labor day with my neighbors.

I just got done tearing back into it this morning. Figured I'd better pull the right pipe to look in on the piston.

This is what I found....
View attachment 11755

That's right.....It's the test plug from my last leakdown test. I totally forgot to take it out, put the pipe on over it, ran it 3 times.

I messed up a good one this time, but I did end up finding out I had a bad coil, and a chopped up wiring harness.
I'm going to get it backtogether today, and work on getting it Jetted. Hopefully we have some Pics of it by the Ropeswing Lake by tonight.
hopefully no damage was caused from that. but thats an LOL for sure.

will shee outrun the blaster on one cylinder ?
LOL