Bye bye RM, Hello Shee

has anyone every measured/tested if a banshee jug will plop onto the blaster bottom end?
just a random thing i have always wondered...

It'd only be 12 lost, to be exact lol. Either way, it wouldn't be a wise idea IMO. If you came across an aftermarket single jug or a monoblock that had one cylinder destroyed and you machined the bad half off, that wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

Having a Blaster with a Banshee Serval or Cheetah cylinder? Shoooooooooooooot.

Its getting there. This thing is a worse disease than my blasters. I ordered some XFR nerfbars today, a new front bumper, and a bunch of other things to get it the way I want it and to know its safe and solid.

I didn't order a cool head yet. I'm guessing that will come over the winter when I can't ride and have much more time to tinker. I want to get her up and running for the rest of the summer, then when I go in winter mode, I'll get carried away. Plus I still have to rebuild Whitey.

Pics of the motor back together, waiting to be put back on. I changed the crank, got the cylinders bored with new wiseco pisons. I painted the clutch cover and installed new allen heads all over. I swapped some parts for the cylinder work. I'm on a tight budget with this shee, and I had to go that route. The shop that did it also did my Blue blaster's cylinder, and so far its survived mt abuse.

I got carried away, put the clutch cover back on, and realized my Billet impeller wil not be here till tuesday. Looks like I'll l be back in her soon enough.
14.jpg
15.jpg
19.jpg
16.jpg

Just noticed, but you have a lightened flywheel. Shouldn't take more than a sneeze and it'll be on up in the RPM range.

As far as the mod bug for Banshees, it is the worst in the world. I was planning a build for mine for when money starts rolling in. Simple porting and custom domes. I found myself pricing an entirely new engine for mine to reduce down time, long travel suspension, wheels, tires, front bumper, +2 swingarm, and more pipes within an hour. I had to stop myself.

If you don't keep it simple, it will add up instantly.

Also, if you're still undecided on domes, I'd call someone that can cut you some custom domes. I've seen some dynos with stock PD domes and similarly sized custom ones and I am very, very impressed. The place that I'm looking at does them for 85. Compare that to $50 for PD domes. $35 for a drastic increase in power, response, and efficiency? Why not?

Even though there are some very good benefits, I'd hold off on the entire head if you've never been on a ported Banshee. You may find that you have more power than you're used to. A 50hp Banshee feels much faster than you'd expect 50hp to. Mine is probably around 45 or so and I'm man handling it to keep it in line. The saying, "it acts like a 3rd arm" is nowhere close. Mine is about like controlling a 3rd credit card.

lookin good fred !
now i can come down without hauling my bike :)

Looking good.

First night back in Aussie and I find that the Shee that I was going to ride in US is now ready for action.

Well at least I got to touch i!

Well done Fred.

I put the nerf's on tonight. I'm really happy with them, the pegs are awesome, and the heel guards are very secure.

I'm tearing back into the carbs tomorrow night. I got some more info, and want to see if I have it corrector not

IMG_20140722_191417663.jpg