Bye bye RM, Hello Shee

I put the 25 pilots in, air screws are 1.25 and 1 and a little. Carbs are synced, and it finally runs like its supposed to. Smooth, even, and the power delivery is flat out awesome. I really liked the feel of the 916's power--- nice hard pull from the mids up, and it sounds crazy!

Its taken 11 months, but it was totally worth it. It's going to get a workout this weekend cause my brother is home, and next weekend on to powerline park for a good time with my buddies.

The easiest way to sync the carbs is like this:

Turn everything off that makes any noise. Applies to air-compressors, radios, wives, etc. Mash the throttle and let it slam shut. You should hear the slides make one simultaneous click. If you hear 2 AT ALL, time to adjust.

At the cap, adjust by 1/2 turn on either side. The difference between sounds will either worsen, improve, or make no difference.

-If it improves, continue until it worsens and then go back.

-If it worsens, adjust that carb back the other way by 3/4 or more turns, continue in this direction until you get almost perfect.

-If you can't tell any difference, your carbs are nearly synced to begin with. 1/4 turb in the opposite direction will get you there.

Once you get it within 1/2 turn, you're about as close as you're gonna get unless you get a sync tool from F.A.S.T.

What was final jetting at?

The easiest way to sync the carbs is like this:

Turn everything off that makes any noise. Applies to air-compressors, radios, wives, etc. Mash the throttle and let it slam shut. You should hear the slides make one simultaneous click. If you hear 2 AT ALL, time to adjust.

At the cap, adjust by 1/2 turn on either side. The difference between sounds will either worsen, improve, or make no difference.

-If it improves, continue until it worsens and then go back.

-If it worsens, adjust that carb back the other way by 3/4 or more turns, continue in this direction until you get almost perfect.

-If you can't tell any difference, your carbs are nearly synced to begin with. 1/4 turb in the opposite direction will get you there.

Once you get it within 1/2 turn, you're about as close as you're gonna get unless you get a sync tool from F.A.S.T.

What was final jetting at?

I got the sync tool from F.A.S.T. :). It made syncing them 1000 x's easier than anything that I've tried. Last Sunday I was so pissed off, I was ready to sell it and buy yfz450.

I ended up with 25 pilots, airscrews 1.25, and 1 and 1/8 or so. The main are 280's. Needle clips are 4th slot.

I'm going to take it out later today and see how it does.

Took it out last night, was running great, then sputterd and died on me. I waited 5 minutes, kicked it back over and loaded it into the truck.

I ripped it back down to find this
100.jpg

Somehow during the many times I've removed the airbox, I got the wireing harness smashed into the stinger. It melted down and there was bare copper touching the pipe. The green and red wire come from the stator and run directly into the CDI.

I butt spliced them back together, and got them routed correctly well below the stinger in the wire holder. I'm going to double check to make sure the carbs are still in sync while I have it all apart still.

Hopefully this is the last hiccup I have with this thing. Friday is coming fast!!

Reactions: Fast6hand
Just a quick thought, I just lubed/cleaned my clutch and throttle cables about a month ago by using a brake bleeder that used both vacuum and pressure options. I poured the oil in, pressurized it, hooked it to the cables, and let it rip. 2-3 minutes later, I have some dirty ass lube replaced by some fresh lube. It's worth the time it takes to go to Advance and get it.

I got it in and kind of working. The Tach will not go below 4000 RPM's, and The unit keeps shutting off on me. The temp sensor and speedo are woking pretty good. I'm going to have to call their support line tomorrow and see what I need to do with the Tach wire and see if a new battery will fix the screen from shutting off. The coil over wire is wrapped 5 times around the coil wire like suggested, the PPM is set at 2, and it definitly isn't running as fast as it says it is.

Here are some of the action shots.
vapor2.jpg
vapor4.jpg
vapor3.jpg

well that sucks :(
do you see the pinching of the wires as described in the recall ?

I almost bought that for my scooter, went with the danmoto 180 instead, only because it's smaller and fit better.

Yes I do. The mount catches the wires about 1/2" from where they come out of the unit. Just enough to give them a slight bend. :(