building a nice blaster

sumbdy tell me wht yall think

• Total voters
now can anybody tell me wht size tap ill need to do my idle screw on my carb tht way i dont have to buy the whole kit just to get tha tap i need

Modifying the stator plate is free, could probably get more than +4 if you tried, but most applications can't use that much anyways. Nothing wrong with advance keys, only used to index/locate the flywheel. Have had one on my son's Banshee for 4+ yrs now, no problems.
Advancing the timing you'll notice more in mid range and a bit down low.

Again.....only run the octane fuel your compression requires.
Running a higher octane than required can actually lose power as higher octane fuels resist ignition

Again.....only run the octane fuel your compression requires.
Running a higher octane than required can actually lose power as higher octane fuels resist ignition
ok...so if my compression isn't the stock compression im good on running the cam-2...or your sayn tht i would have to have a engine with the works to run anything other thn pump fuel....

Modifying the stator plate is free, could probably get more than +4 if you tried, but most applications can't use that much anyways. Nothing wrong with advance keys, only used to index/locate the flywheel. Have had one on my son's Banshee for 4+ yrs now, no problems.
Advancing the timing you'll notice more in mid range and a bit down low.
yea...thats all im looking for. just a lil more on bottom and mid is great because its not like im racing

ok...so if my compression isn't the stock compression im good on running the cam-2...or your sayn tht i would have to have a engine with the works to run anything other thn pump fuel....

no

general rule of thumb from experience and what others have reported on here
compression in psi:
stock 125-ish will run 87 octane forever
up to 150-ish maybe 89
165 -180-ish will require 93
180+ may require a mix of race and 93, or straight 110 race fuel

running a higher octane than required will not produce more power, maybe even less
and is a waste of good $ that could be spent on real power

read about octane, more doesn't necessarily mean more power
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/high-octane-fuel-and-the-definition-of-detonation.43860/

20160816_194812.jpg

Reactions: Markblaster