Blaster with full fmf jet size?

Connorfab

Apr 14, 2012
Hey I have a 95 blaster with full fmf that's it but I was told to put a 290 jet in it.. It just stalled after a minute of riding. But then someone else told me to try a 240. Does anyone have a blaster with just a fmf? If so can you tell me your main jet size and pilot jet size and air screw setting? Thanks.

Anywhere from 270-290 should be about right. Go down one to a 280 and see how it runs

Should I try a 290 again and take the air box lid off? Any other tips to get more air flowing through?.... I did try a 300 and it stalled and then I switched to a 290 and it ran for a minute then stalled

yes that would probably help it run better if you are rich. if you notice a difference(for the better) after removing the lid you are too rich. leave everything else alone. stock pilot and leave the needle in the middle or 3rd clip position. airscrew should be screwed all the way in and then backed out 1.5 turns

Was the fuel turned on? Why did it stall, did you pull the plug to see if it was fouled? Did you get it to start up again or did you have to push it back to the garage? What throttle range were you at when it stalled?

Alright I'll try a 290 with the lid off. Any tips on how it should sound or respond to throttle? Any other tips how to get more air flowing in

to know if you are jetted properly, the only right way to do it is to do a plug chop. search how to do it on the forum. you'll find what you need to do. no other way to really know if it's right

Wow I feel dumb. I don't remember turning the fuel onxD wait I took the gas out of the carb and if I didn't run it back on. It won't even star cause It has no gas...... I'll try it again tmrw

Actually, ha ha, it will start and run for a bit. I have done it a few times recently trying to tune my carb in. There might have been some residual gas in the reed cage and there might have been some in the float bowl. Remember, it is the gas fumes that are combustable, not the liquid form, you can actually dowse a fire with liquid gas...very tough to do, but it can be done....I don't recommend trying.

dont kid yourself 290 sounds way too rich for just a pipe. you can actually go on the fmf site and they recommend a jet to use with there pipe and its 270. i have mine tweeekin and im still runnin a 270. u may need something abit smaller maybe a 250 or 260.

Are you sure the carb is a stock 26mm carb? That will make a difference too. Are you the only owner of this bike? Just wondering, someone else could've made some modes you aren't aware of too.

Yeah that's what I thought it was a little high but idk about that stuff. Yeah it's the stock carb. Tmrw I'm gunna use a stock one to plug chop then put a 240 in there. If it doesn't work I'll just through the stock header on . And keep it like that

The guy before me drove it for over a year with full fmf and he said it seemed right. But I always heard if its a full exhaust you have to rejet. Due to the more air flow

The guy before me drove it for over a year with full fmf and he said it seemed right. But I always heard if its a full exhaust you have to rejet. Due to the more air flow

I'm running a full fmf with no air box lid and 270 main. That's in the stock carb with pretty much stock motor. Runs Strong with good chop results.

My blaster had a full FMF and No airbox as well , I had a 280 main in mine . It was a snap bit rich but I like it that way to protect the motor . Plus if you develop a small air leak , the richer condition can help compensate for that . That's why you should do several leak tests a year to make sure your motor stays healthy .