Blaster vs 300ex

TopTechKid27

Mar 5, 2009
St.Louis MO
ok i posted this once before but this is after i raced my buddy again. ok last time i raced him this is what was done to my bike P/P, head milled .020, v force reeds, 1/2in reed spacer, uni foam clamp on, fmf full exhaust(yes i know there junk lookin at a new one). my buddies 300 just has a uni filter and a fmf full exhaust. last time we raced he just smoked me since then ive set the jetting,and changed my gearing to 14/39. when we raced today i was pretty close to him if not pacing him all the way to 5th but when i would hit 6th he would just walk away. my goal is to beat him i came pretty close today but he still won. is there ANYTHING i can do to my bike to beat him. any suggestions would be helpful. btw we were racing on sand if that matters any.

do you have paddle tires? also look into an lrd or a dynoport pipe if you get one of those you will blow him away most likely.

learn to ride, i used to smoke 300's all day long on my stock 96, you're either not "on" the pipe or over revving past that sweet spot

I have stroked,stock cyl with port werk, stock carb, v3, and yes a fmf pipe...i will walk all over a 300 and have smoked a few 400 also..there is something very wrong..either ur tuning is waaaaay of or u ride like sh*t! (j/k) but always a possibility...u should blast that 300 with no prob..unless u are like 400 lbs and he is like 80??

With my mild mods i smoked the hell out of a "1996 300 Ex with .20 over and wiseco and aftermarket pipes." So from whay your saying something is wrong, you sure you got a solid clutch pack?

hey blasterdude27, lmfao, now the "old man" and the "biotch" have spoken, hahaha,

you should try racing him on dirt and if you aren't JUST KEEP IT IN THE POWER BAND. you should smoke him. i could nearly beat my friends 440 motocross racing 400 ex. it was flippin fast but i kept up with him very well and i have only been riding a clutch for less than a year.

u will actually do better on asphalt..on a 2 stroke..the power band is much more violent and more wheel spin...where as the torque of a 4 stroke is longer and more gradual..

good point "biotch", oops i mean "mrs. biotch"

pop's, hahaha, i liked that one!!!!!!

NO it wont stall....u rev the sh*t outta it dump it and lay on the tank! or if u scared slip the clutch a bit..that is the difference between a mediocre.racer and a winning race...the launch.... if ur tires are spinning u are looseing forward force..traction is key. u have to learn to harness it. all in the launch i tell u...go practice ur launchs u will be suprised..rev slip justa bit and keep it pinned...i usually have the wheels up 6-10 inches through 2ng gear...
HERE is an old vid(like a year or 2) but that is a ds650 dirt bike, a 300 suki and a kx 80..not a chance for that 300!
kxvsblaster.flv video by blasterchic - Photobucket
sugvsyfz400.flv video by blasterchic06 - Photobucket
and this is one of me a 400ex and a yfz450...i dusted the 400!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: