Blaster stuck wide open

mattsteibler26

Dec 8, 2011
I gota blaster 1998 brand new top end, gaskets, reeds, and good carb and it sticks full throttle when i start it. What can be wrong

throttle cable frayed
slide put into carb wrong
airscrew setting
huge airleak

It stuck wide open. cable seats perfectally and carb slide is put in right. all new gaskets. Idk where there can be an air leak

It stuck wide open. cable seats perfectally and carb slide is put in right. all new gaskets. Idk where there can be an air leak

only a leakdown tester will tell that
is the oil injection deleted ??? if so, is that oil inlet on the carb plugged off

common air leak areas include the reed/intake, base gasket, head gasket

was this engine broke in properly.....heat cycles, re-torque head and base bolts ????
and of course leaksdown tested

It was torqued right. and i blocked the oil outlet on the carb

re-torqued after the heat cycles ????
that allows the gaskets to expand/contract, and set themselves, it needs re-torqued afterwards

gotta be a carb problem then
pull it, disassemble, clean it, is the stock jetting in it, what jets are in it ???
is the brass washer under the main jet ???

can you actually watch the carb slide move when you have the air filter tube off? it would be pretty damn obvious if the carb itself was "stuck wide open" maybe your magneto side crank seal is bad

then the carb isnt stuck wide open, it sounds like an air leak. check to see if ur mag side crank seal is bad, get a leakdown tester and check it THOROUGHLY before you start it again and risk that new topend