Blaster Engine Porting

If you're not prepared to try porting it yourself...

Try BVH Developments [bvhdevelopments(at)gmail(dot)com]. He's not in CT, but he's is apparently well recommended here in SA. But expect to pay about R2000 or more for a proper port job...

So that is about 255 us dollars for port work locally for you guys. I guess the shipping to the states may make that a better deal, if the work is good. Be nice to see some finished pics of the porting from another counrty!

There is a guy called "Jannie 2-Stroke" who ports in Cape Town. He ported both of my blasters and it made a huge difference! Tim Bosson Racing in Melkbos also does port and head work. He buids all the 2-stroke pencil duck race boat motors in Cape Town. He is the brother of Chris Bosson who use to make the Bosson pipes. Coker Racing products also port,do head work and build custom pipes.

There is a guy called "Jannie 2-Stroke" who ports in Cape Town. He ported both of my blasters and it made a huge difference! Tim Bosson Racing in Melkbos also does port and head work. He buids all the 2-stroke pencil duck race boat motors in Cape Town. He is the brother of Chris Bosson who use to make the Bosson pipes. Coker Racing products also port,do head work and build custom pipes.

That sounds like a great local experienced connection!

Any idea where i can have my engine ported in gauteng, south africa

does anyone know how i can get how i can get in contact with jannie 2 stroke? i just bought a 2nd hand blaster for my little bro for xmas but it needs a stater + magneto and apparently hez the guy to see. i have no idea about coils n stuff and would really appreciate any advice from you guys.

does anyone know how i can get how i can get in contact with jannie 2 stroke? i just bought a 2nd hand blaster for my little bro for xmas but it needs a stater + magneto and apparently hez the guy to see. i have no idea about coils n stuff and would really appreciate any advice from you guys.

i summoned the another SA member for you,
sit tight and hopefully he chimes in to help you find this jannie guy ???

the electrical troubleshooting is available in the downloadable manual........

YFS200 Service Repair Manual (LIT-11616-07-20) - 1988-2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Well looky here! I have arrived :) Shout Awk for the heads up, im still battling to get my head above water and into blaster mode.

Tarrynabrahams, to be honest with you, I have never Heard of Jannies two Stroke, but I do know BVH Developments, in CT. Google him or look for him on Facebook. However, im not sure the these engine builders are the way to go here for spares. You can give them a shout, but in SA, blasters are not commonly modded. Have a look on Gumtree and try BIKEHOSPITAL in Jhb, they a bit useless tho.

I actually have a spare flywheel and magneto, but I am saving it to do some lightening work on it. Otherwise I would seel you it.

I can have a look around to see if I can find one for you

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly is missing on your bike? you said you not sure about all the electrical so just asking.., why dont you take a few pics, upload them onto photobucket and then paste the IMG tag here so we can have a look see. Do you have the wiring harness? NOBODY knows blasters better than us :) I can promise you that.

Hi, you can contact Jannie on 083 5243282. Tell him Charl referred you.

Well looky here! I have arrived :) Shot Awk for the heads up, im still battling to get my head above water and into blaster mode.

Tarrynabrahams, to be honest with you, I have never Heard of Jannies two Stroke, but I do know BVH Developments, in CT. Google him or look for him on Facebook. However, im not sure the these engine builders are the way to go here for spares. You can give them a shout, but in SA, blasters are not commonly modded. Have a look on Gumtree and try BIKEHOSPITAL in Jhb, they a bit useless tho.

I actually have a spare flywheel and magneto, but I am saving it to do some lightening work on it. Otherwise I would seel you it.

I can have a look around to see if I can find one for you

BVH Developments is in Prieska in the Northern Cape.
Jannie is in Bellville Cape Town and has lots of Blaster motors and spares lying around and will be able to sort the Blaster out in no time.