Blaster carb issues.

bman120579

Dec 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Okay, I hate to repost on a topic already addressed, I poured over this forums but am unable to find my issue.

Here it goes.
I have a '02 Blaster, fmf fatty, powercore II, Carbon Reeds, Stock jetted carb. I was at close to wide open throttle going up a big hill. Half way up my Blaster bogged and died. I pushed it home (3 miles) and no matter how many times I kicked it over, nothing. I replaced the plug, (black sooty) and still nothing. I took the carb off my Wifes blaster and installed it. The blaster started right up but didn't idle right and had no power. The carb obviosly isn't dialed in for my piped blaster but it did run! So WTF did I do to my carb? I cleaned the hell out of it. Main and Pilot appear clean. Float bowl was dirt free. I am stumped. Tors was rmoved and I have decent spark. No fuel though. Since my other carb ran it can't be a fuel filter. HELPPPPPPP!
Call me if you do not want to type. Brad in Wisconsin 715-673-4231

have you jetted your carb after the mods you put on properly?
check your reeds make sure they are okay

I would say check that there is not some thing small that might jam the carb or even flood it and if you have a fuel filter, change it because if thay get old thay can give problems.

I would say check that there is not some thing small that might jam the carb or even flood it and if you have a fuel filter, change it because if thay get old thay can give problems.

I checked reeds, they check out fine. Fuel filter is less than 2 months old. Plus I bypassed it. I carb cleaned the entire unit. Any other ideas?

It just hit me know I had that problem on a DT 175- the problem we had was withe the needle valve it kept on messing round even after we got one that was more or less the same we endid up haveing to get the origenal and she rode like a dream after that. it is the valve that your floats move up and down ill say take out your other bikes one and slam it in there and check what happens.