big problem....! SOS

blaster1993

Jul 14, 2009
Ireland
i foolishly enough put the oil seals on the wrong sides of the crank..! i have the case back together :(:(:( is there anyway of swapping them without splitting the case or do i have to split it and go bak to square 1???

Last edited:
How did you get the case together with the oil seals swapped? If the larger seal is on the clutch side you can just use a pick and get it out, as for the flywheel side it doesn't make sense how the smaller seal could fit on the larger end of the crankshaft. EDIT: I think I know what you mean, you put them on the correct side but the wrong way. Nope, you'll have to split the case, if you try taking them out you are risking damaging the seals which would cause you that much more trouble.

nahh i would take it apart because even if you do manage to get both of them out and back in the easy way...its like a temporary fix and wont last you as long as they should

Bummer.
On the upside, you will be a case splitting expert when all the dust settles!

finished I:I I:I I:I ony problem is that the sealer is saposed to be let to dry for 12hrs.....!!
that mean i wont get to ride tonight..... or tomoro till after school:(:(:( man im goina have a pain in my ass to get home from school tomoro...
i must post some pics up here of what i used as a crank puller