Best top end kit?

ikilledcasey

Feb 26, 2014
Ft lauderdale, fl
I bought and rebuilt an 06 blaster about a year ago with the help of this site but had to sell it to fix the tranny in my truck. it was my first bike I've bought and rebuilt it was a great experience and hated to see it go. Knew every inch of that bike inside and out
BUT!! I'm now purchasing a 97 blaster from a friend that the top end blew on for 300 bucks with a new carb and like new holeshots... piston didn't explode but had a few small chunks and scratched the cylinder.

Bottom end has been flushed and everything seems to be smooth so i don't think any of the bearings have been compromised

i know i need to get a top end kit and get the cylinder bored

Any suggestions on brands?

and how much am i looking at for the boring of the cylinder? I assume around 200-250 bucks for the kit and the bore?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Bottom end has been flushed and everything seems to be smooth so i don't think any of the bearings have been compromised
If the piston has dumped any of its self into the bottom end, just flushing out may not remove all of it.

Flushing has been known to actually wash debris into bearings.

Just a minute fragment lurking near a bearing can cause catastrophic failure.

Any piston that has dropped anything into the crankcase, I fear the cases must be split and the bearings scruptiously cleaned or replaced.

Reactions: mud runner
its usualy 60for a bore and if you get wiseco piston its a hundred and somthing but if uou get a cast itll save ya a lil iv got a naruma in mine never had any problems with it