Best engine build suggestions

Blastizzle

Dec 18, 2009
White Marsh MD
I've noticed that alot of guys have certain combinations of cylinders, carbs, reeds/valves, cranks etc. I'm tryin' to get the most hp out of this quad for the least amount of money. Not sure if somebody touched on this subject before. I would love to just to box the motor up and send it to CT or somebody, drop $1600 and be done but I would kick myself if I knew I could do something similar a little at a time for less. Thanx guys.

well thats pretty much what i went for, i got a 240 kit,ported, and redesighned head for around 600 i believe.
got a fmf pipe & procircuit silencer for 130 i think?
bought a 35mm PWK airstryker for 100, but it took me several months to find a good deal like that.
remember these are cdn prices.
so thats 830 on motor work, doesnt seem as cheap as i thought now... ahhaha

i sent my stock jug and head to angus at kennedy powersports and got my jug resleeved with a 240 sleeve and got the head redone and a port to match my riding style for i think close to 500 maybe less, got my full lrd off here for 190 shipped and then got a minkun flatslide carb 34mm for like 50 or 60 shipped but before that i had a keihin 34mm i got for like 35 shipped all good deals and a lot less then 1600 bucks and itll puch mid 30s hp angus sed........ next step is a crank but i think im just gonna stick with stock stroke and get a hotrods crank just so u can get an idea....

hit up a builder man

Yeppers if you wanna just drop a bunch of loot and get a real runner,
contact a builder.
Around here there are 3 or so.
In alphabetical order hehe
They are Flotek, Kennedy, and Wildcard.

I know the saying "you get what you pay for". I'm no stranger to droppin' money into my bike. I just got too carried away with modding looks and not performance. I gotta good feeling I'm in good hands with these guys here.

theres a 36mm kehin on ebay now for 60 bucks.

a stock stroke stock bore 200 can make 30 hp.

if you want a little more low end grunt and more torque add a stroker crank. 3mm stuffer cranks dont need the cases trenched. you can get great power for less than 1500. just depends on how you go. also depends on what you plan on doing with your blaster...(wouldnt want a full on drag motor in an mx bike, for example) i've seen a 240 3mm stroker make 50hp or so. kennedy has dyno sheets of his setups. i've seen a few run...

ask the builders..be your best bet. you can price cylinders, cranks..etc...but most of your power will be made with a portjob. setup is key....a properly setup engine is better than 1 not properly setup.

if you go piece by piece, if you plan to go stroker..start there. porting your engine, then adding a stroker crank, means gotta get it reported....

if you keep your eyes open and look around, yoyu can find good deals. you already have a pipe. so your good there.....

k box up your motor talk to wild card about the ct 240 bbk and buy a 3 or 4 mm stroker and a pipe and have him port it to match then buy a carblike a 34 mm pj then dhave brandon redesign thee head

My dream blaster engine would be a CT or airsal firebreather 240 kit trail ported by wildcard, head work done, set up for +3mm stroker with a 35mm airstryker carb, v-force reeds(already done :) ), f7 pipe/silencer(done :) ), pb airbox with k&n airfilter......

its so beautiful...... i wanna cry lol

i found a vid of a flotek ported blasty....

custom ported cylinder, 3 mil stroker crank, lightened flywheel, milled head, advanced timing, power pros, 250r carb and intake.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few questions you'll need to answer before any builder or person for that matter should give you advice on a setup. What type of riding do you use the quad for? What are your current mods? What is your elevation? What is your weight? What fuel do you plan to run? What are the budget constraints of the build? Answer these questions and we can truely begin to help you come up with a plan to get what you want out of your quad.
-Brandon

Reactions: Paulie B
Well the type of riding most likely will be the aggressive trail riding. I weigh about 170 lbs. and the elevations vary, not quite sure on that and I assume that's a factor in jetting. I'm just lookin' for enough balls to blast out of corners and have that "on tap" power when I need it. Low and midrange power and throttle response. I don't need to drag race this thing or beat evryone on the planet but I wanna have fun without being at the end of the pack.