before race gas

smuckerpud

Feb 6, 2014
eastern PA
So i have an 02 that's bored 90 over with wiseco piston and crank. Full toomey b1 exhaust, boyesen power reeds. Open airbox. is jetted accordingly.
Was thinking of advancing the timing (3-4°) and possibly mill/rechamber the head.
My ? Is, what can i do before the need to run race gas arises?
I'm looking for more low end, but have no need to go crazy. And don't plan on spending much money.

Advancing the timing is not going to give you more bottom end, it just brings the available power on at a lower rev.

A head rechamber will increase power, and should not need you to run race fuel.

i set mine up for race fuel just because i can get it locally and after i ran it once my bike made so much power and ran so much cooler its worth the extra $ IMO I run 100 octane with maxima super m 32:1 but you can go pretty extreme without having to run it.

I could get it really, but am really just too cheap to justify it. I mainly just run trails. Well, i run with a bunch of big HP quads and just ride with between the big hills.

compression determines octane required to avoid detonation.
detonation is the only reason to increase octane.
general rule of thumb we've seen on here is......
psi = octane
145-165-ish = 93
165-185-ish = mix of 93 and race
185+-ish = straight race fuel

Awesome. Thanks all. Taking it all in. And a little off subject, anyone know how long Ken's bushings usually take to ship? Only going to eastern pa. Got a payment confirmation, but nothing about shipping or delivery dates. Picked up an 400ex rear for 25 and banshee fronts for 20

Awesome. Thanks all. Taking it all in. And a little off subject, anyone know how long Ken's bushings usually take to ship? Only going to eastern pa. Got a payment confirmation, but nothing about shipping or delivery dates. Picked up an 400ex rear for 25 and banshee fronts for 20

he does orders and shipping every morning, they'll be to you soon.

You can get 92-93(depends on station) from the pumps here. And I've seen upwards on 25$/gal of 110. We'll easily cover 100+ miles in a day of riding. Only one of my buddies had one with better milage, and he runs a turbo raptor 700 on 93. I've never seen him add gas during the day.

blaster - 2.4 gallons
- two stroke (fires twice as much)
- carb fed (not 100% efficient)

Raptor - 2.9 gallons
- half as many fires to run
- fuel injected, way better mpg

Reactions: speedyslyder
compression determines octane required to avoid detonation.
detonation is the only reason to increase octane.
general rule of thumb we've seen on here is......
psi = octane
145-165-ish = 93
165-185-ish = mix of 93 and race
185+-ish = straight race fuel

is this true for every 2-stroke engine or more blaster specific?? just curious