Ban Jack in the box

DirtDiggler

DUNEFREEK
Nov 24, 2009
Tacoma , Wa
Ok so in my area of the country Jack in the box is franchising all of their stores and jacking over the employees losing healthcare and vacation and pto this is crap !!!! I know a lady who has worked for them over 20 years and they won't pick up her contract because the corporation doesn't want to pay for her retirement when she gets to that point so I'm putting it out there total ban no one please use Jack In the box and spread the word it's time that the workers of America get some support because it's obvious that corporate America couldn't care less !!!!!!!!

Bummer dude. I hate the inhumanity that big corporations tend to exhibit these days. No insurance and retirement is teh ghey sauce. I dont have either. I work under the table, $180 a night. No college ed sucks...

Jack in the box isn't a career, it's a part time job till you graduate. If you want insurance, benefits, and vacation get a real job. Leave these jobs for high-school kids.

Jack in the box isn't a career, it's a part time job till you graduate. If you want insurance, benefits, and vacation get a real job. Leave these jobs for high-school kids.

sometimes some people need them jobs and most places dont even hire u unless ur over 18. sometimes 16 but now they started a bunch of drug testing stuff so u gota be 18 to work almost everywhere now

On one hand I understand what your getting at, someone that works for a corporation for that long should deserve something like a raise. On the other hand though if your working for a fast food company why should you get benefits you stand at a register take orders and make them, not a hard job at all why would you get benefits if your working for most likely minimum wage it just don't make sense. Also if your working at a fast food company for 20 years you screwed up big somewhere in your life

Im head of security at an industrial complex during the wk, and race control at barber motorsports park on the wknds. All under the table. No ins, and no retirement. My wife, on the other hand, has a degree and is an account executive at an insurance firm in birmingham. She has family coverage, but i still got no retirement.

If you want a decent paying job with decent benefits, retirement etc.. you need an education and you need to be worth the expence to the company. With a steady stream of kids willing to work for $8 an hour, why would a company pay consideribly more in benefits, retirement contributions etc., when they have a steady stream of new employees to work in unskilled labor?

To them the employee is disposable. Its bad buisness for them to consider the employee otherwise, as it costs money. I company is in buisness to MAKE MONEY, not to hire and provide benefits for employees. Benefits are provided by a company to retain workers and as an incentive to hire new workers in a competitive environment.

JIB is not hiring from a competitive laborforce, they have a steady stream of kids begging for jobs.

Its time for you to wake up and understand the real world is not some kind of benevolent idealized place, its capitalism and profit, period.