sold the 2 fiddy :(

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
was depressed but I wanted to build a 6.8 SPCII ar15 so let it go. I told the guy if he decided he didn't want it lmk and I'd buy it back. here's the gun I built, bison armory barrel OD green duracoat, black river tactical linear compensator, headspaced Stag bolt, nickel boron coated bolt carrier, yankee hill machine 6.8 spc marked upper, midwest industries light weight free float quadrail w/magpul camo pattern XTM rail covers, new frontier armory lower I put a palmetto state armory lower parts kit in, got a CMC single stage match trigger, magpul miad grip in OD green, magpul ACS-L stock in OD green, yankee hill flip up rear sight and ran outta cash so used the magpul front sight off my saiga 12 gauge lol

049b4cf8.jpg

another shot with my standard 556 ar and my saiga 12

efff570d.jpg

funny story though, I was depressed about selling the 250 and told the guy I'd buy it back, he said if he decided to sell it I'd be the 1st to know, he already has 2 other 250s and a zilla tho so I doubt it'll come back lol. anyway, my other buddy calls me up thursday pitching his banshee at me LOL, asking if I knew anyone, saying he'd sell it cheap. I decided to humor him and ask how cheap with no intent on buying it... he tells me 700, I was floored like wtf? doesnt it run? he said yeah, it rips... tell him I'd want to buy it for $700 and to lemme talk to the wife..

didn't really talk about it as I just got thru dumping over a grand on the 6.8 AR build I haven't even shot yet (just finished it yesterday morning) so I didn't even wanna ask her lol.. long story short, he called ME back a couple of times as he really wants to buy some shotgun he saw for sale in a local shop so I told him to bring it down to my house and I'd have the money, he agreed and half an hour later calls me back to meet up instead so he doesn't have to drive the full way. I said why not and picked it up. got dark so I didn't get to try it yesterday besides at the gas station we met at, and to be honest, with my truck right there, I didn't want too much attention so I only went around the gas station once and only power slid once lol. ended up picking it up for $700, it needs some work but I mean it runs. so that's a big plus. I lost money on my 250 but made out on this thing...

2e49514f.jpg

ripped it up and down the neighborhood today with my buddies, took it and my 450 out and had some fun. didn't stop to take any pix besides the one this morning to text my other buddy lol while it was loaded in my truck. I'm actually thinking of selling it.

my problem with it is how dead it is off the line and it really doesn't seem to be running right down low and even can be hard to rev up if not running in the powerband already. it has a punchy powerband and it's geared high as it has 18" mxr6 holeshots so the front sprocket is huge, so the powerband seems to last forever but down low it sucks, horribly, my 250 would gut it anywhere off road off the jump imo... it has what look like stock carbs with the TORS removed, FMF pipes/silencers with the pipes painted black, a UNI filter with an adapter, no box on the lid and the box appears to be trimmed lower slightly... it doesn't pull 6th gear really and seemed like it was running a little on the lean side maybe, we ran it out of the old gas and I put new gas in it. besides be piled once it doesn't seem too bad at all. still has the parking brake system intact, front bumper is trashed, right tie rod end is way bent, right a arm is dented good like it took a nice hit too. but other than that it seems not too bad, it's well used but I mean for what I paid I can't complain, I'm thinking of selling it for a grand maybe if I can, make a quick few hundred bucks. needs rear pads one side is like the pad rotted off the plate. other than that it's nice for under a G. front T9s are pretty beat up, but the rear baja's are nice, spacers front and back and a durablue rusty axle.

one of my buddies who built a nice shee before said check the carbs sync, check to see if the needle is bent possibly on one carb, pull plugs put in new ones and check jetting, also said look for leaks by the boost bottle, the brass screws on the side by the plunger I suppose is the idle with the flat head and hex base... make sure the rubber boots/intake mani's aren't dry rot leaking... and I think he said something else but I forget what. I suppose they are all very good possible leads.

IF I keep it, I want to put bigger tires on it, pull the rear spacers regardless as it's retarded and the front is like 6" narrower even with spacers... put in new rear pads, change the front bumper, maybe do some other stuff after I get it dialed in better maybe better pipes timing advance and race gas or some other stuff... I like after market plastics so thinking the raptor looking maier ones :D maybe pink LOL (I did tell the wife it was for her to ride)

1b61_12.JPG

HAHAAA

make it look like this but pinker :D maybe black rears LOL

med_gallery_42287_1978_23228.jpg

any comments on my issues? my buddy did say they suck on the bottom end lol. this one is like on it's face, then needs to get up on it's feet before it can start to walk let alone run.. I just want it on its feet ready to walk to begin it's run.. not have to pick itself up off the ground 1st to even walk... low rpm has like stumbling it seems like to me, maybe I'll get a leak located tomorrow, we'll see.... can't wait to go shoot a nice sheep with my new 68 too :D

Wow! That was a lot to read. Nice build on the gun even thow I don't know about most the parts you talked about.lol.$700 on a running banshee sounds like a good deal. I would do the normal once over. Compression check,leak down test, clean carbs and check jet size.

holy long read!

looks like the good basis for a banshee build.

and the AR is sexy... I would love to go out and shoot one