Attaching Speedometer On A Blaster

What I use is a digital bicycle speedo. works lekker! all you have to do it lengthen the wire, and attach the maget to the wheel and attach the pickup onto your hub somewhere. then you set the wheel circumference.

Did the same on mine
i used a magnet from a old computer hard-drive much more poweful
and epoxy it to the hub
I Use it mostly for fuel range calculation
Nuno

I use a trailtech. Wasn't very accurate until i changed the circumference to that of somewhere closer to where the magnet actually was on the hub, not the circ of the entire wheel. That helped alot, pretty close to gps speed now. Plus it gives a bunch of other useful readouts too.

Speed is unimportant to me, but distance traveled woul be handy. The state trails I ride have miles on the maps, if I had the aprox fuel consumption, I'd know if I could do a certain loop with or without carrying extra fuel

the gadget i use measures Max speed, ave. speed, Riding time, total odo. trip distance and the time of day. everything I need except RPM

I use a trailtech. Wasn't very accurate until i changed the circumference to that of somewhere closer to where the magnet actually was on the hub, not the circ of the entire wheel. That helped alot, pretty close to gps speed now. Plus it gives a bunch of other useful readouts too.

That has nothing to do with it
This type of speedometer counts how many revolutions of the wheel over a certain amount of time, so the actual position on the hub is irrelevant.
All that needs to be calculated is the distance covered by the wheel over one revolution , but the wheel in movement is sligtly smaller due to the whieght on it that compresses the tires
The best way to calculate the distance (real life situation) is to put the bike on a flat ground like a empty garage and make a mark on the ground with chaulk or a stripe of masking tape, next align the front tire with the marking and make another mark on the tire aligned with the mark on the floor
Now push the bike foward until the tire completes one full revolution
and make a second mark on the ground where the mark on the tire faces the ground
Mesure the distance between the two marks on the ground and you have your real distance done by the wheel
Put this value in the speedometer and you should be calibrated

Nuno