ATC250R rear shock rebuild...??

JAY012

Feb 27, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
I need my rear shock rebuilt.. does anyone know of anyone in the northern VA area that rebuilds? Or somewhere i can send off that wont cost me a arm and a leg??

also.... i am not even sure if this is the correct set up for the rear shock...
this is what i have done,

4" extended swingarm
+3+1 long travel a arms
2011 YFZ450X front shocks .. 18" eye to eye

i tried to use a 2013 YFZ450R rear shock but it was was too big.. it measured 19+ inches eye to eye and the ATC shock only measure 16.5 inches eye to eye...
the ATC shock makes the bike sit and feel correct but im not sure if maybe it is too "lean" (horizontal) to work correct?

I need my rear shock rebuilt.. does anyone know of anyone in the northern VA area that rebuilds? Or somewhere i can send off that wont cost me a arm and a leg??

4" extended swingarm
+3+1 long travel a arms

i tried to use a 2013 YFZ450R rear shock but it was was too big.. it measured 19+ inches eye to eye and the ATC shock only measure 16.5 inches eye to eye...
the ATC shock makes the bike sit and feel correct but im not sure if maybe it is too "lean" (horizontal) to work correct?
I know that Works says they will rebuild any make shock in their shop for $$$$$$$$. You might want to PM Younguns racing on here he may know someone local.

i've run a trx250 shock, not sure of year or if atv/atc ? it was too long for my liking on a +4 swinger, so i moved the bottom mount back about 1-1/2" to set it near stock ride height, i liked that shock, it was plush, had alot of travel and worked well for a few seasons, it was used when i got it and finally took a crap,
i swapped in a yfz rear shock, unknown year but the same length as the trx.

this member on here (hasn't been on for a while) rebuilds shocks for a fair price from what others have said.
http://www.blasterforum.com/members/jogaca.17657/
you can email him @ groffer@q.com
his name is Kevin

i've run a trx250 shock, not sure of year or if atv/atc ? it was too long for my liking on a +4 swinger, so i moved the bottom mount back about 1-1/2" to set it near stock ride height, i liked that shock, it was plush, had alot of travel and worked well for a few seasons, it was used when i got it and finally took a crap,

this member on here (hasn't been on for a while) rebuilds shocks for a fair price from what others have said.
his name is Kevin
Thanks man i just emailed him

4" extended swingarm
+3+1 long travel a arms

Hey Jay012,
I got your email and responded with my #. Be happy to help you out with your with that 250R rear shock, just give me a call so I can get some details from you.

Thanks Kevin

his name is Kevin

Kevin has rebuilt all of our shocks. We just sent him a third set of shocks. His customer service is the same as KOR (can't be beat). You will be hard pressed to beat his prices too. If interested send me a PM and i'll give you his number.

open pic in ms paint (everyone has that ?)
in the toolbar, click "image", choose/click "resize/skew" from the drop box
choose resize percentage, add the same % to both boxes.
i usually have to do 33% for cell or camera pics
then "save as" the new size