Has anyone added linkage to the rear shock?

Yert

Dec 25, 2016
I've switched out my rear suspension and now it extends into next week. In fact if I lift the grab bar, the swinger rest on the bottom chain roller. It's only a matter of time till I loose the roller completely. I picked up warrior linkage hoping to figure a way to install it. The only problem is there isn't a place to mount the dog bone. So, I have a few questions....

Should I just forget about it and let the roller snap?
Has anyone already addressed a similar problem?
Is there a swing arm with the dog bone eye already mounted or is this going to be a custom job?

Here is a pic of the linkage w/ dog bone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-14-02-43-53.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-14-02-43-53.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 229
How about some pictures of this rear suspension. What all did you switch out? Just a longer shock? You can try a dog bone but I don't think the stock swingarm can handle the stress for one. It is not made for a dog bone so you will have to modify and get to the correct geometry in order for it to work correctly. Curious to see what you put on the back to create a high lifter blaster.

Also not intended towards op but perfect example of spending money on trying to make other parts work when the correct parts could be had for the same price by the time you factor in labor, trial and error parts etc Lots of good options out there you guys just need to beat the wife a bit more for some money.

Pic of top mount. Hard to tell by that pic but the shock looks like it is laying down in that pic. What size eye to eye or mounting hole to mounting hole is the shock?

Nothing special just the shock but you can see in the pic the chain is already bent over the roller AND I have the collar rolled all the way up!!! 400ex elka's, it was a great deal on ebay.... $200ish maybe. Anyway not much GOOD aftermarket stuff on ebay specifically for blasters and from what ive read 400ex is pretty compatible in this regard.

The top is the ken O'Conner set up. No pics with me and I'm at work. I think is maybe safe to say if you've seen one you've seen them all. I know everyone says the bottom is 12mm but the bottom of this shock is 14mm so I just drilled out the ears to match. Side note: 14mm stuff is hard to come by.

Another side note, I already ran the wife off... guess I'm just cheap.