400ex rear shock with linkage

ky88blaster

Apr 24, 2016
i have a plan to try out a linkage on the rear suspension on my blaster. I've got a "swingarm shop" +2" roundhouse swingarm with a 400ex carrier/brake/axle. Going to use a 400ex rear shock also. Only mod to the frame should be welding a bracket to bolt the linkage up to. Gonna start with the actual 400ex stock linkage and see how it fits. Pretty sure it's gonna be way off on the angles and ride height so then I'm gonna get some square tubing to fab up my own to get it sized right. If it works out good I can have my brother machine out a solid aluminum copy to use. Haven't seen this done before so figured I'd experiment with it.

Wow. Yea a lot of good reading in there! I didn't have time to read every post, just skimmed through it. He went very in depth with his work, which looked like it came out great. I don't think i get that much involved, but I will be doing a lot of testing with mine once I get started. The Honda linkage is a lot different and has room to easily modify the dog bone length which will change my ride height and the shock mount hole on the linkage that should change the leverage ratio on the shock. I'm building this blaster to be an aggressive trail/XC race bike. So I won't be hitting any big jumps, but want to have a good soft and plush suspension.