Anyone ever use this cylinder kit?

blasterd

Mar 29, 2008
Northwest Pennsylvania
I realize that you get what you pay for 99% of the time, but there is that 1% of the time that you get lucky and a cheaper part/kit ends up being exactly what you needed and proves to be better than the price. I was just wondering since 219 of these kits were sold *IF maybe someone here has actually tried one of these kits and has any feedback on them.
Let's face it, we all don't have money falling out our a$$e$ and especially when it comes to something we use for fun and isn't a meaning of getting back/forth to our tax paying position at a local sweat shop.

Anyone ever use these or personally know someone who has? What do you/did they think about them?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161206197107?lpid=82

Just wondering personally as I don't need a cylinder and both of my Blasters are currently running, but I know there are a lot of people who could benefit from having some feedback on these kits.
I checked and couldn't find this already listed anywhere, so if it is already then please delete, Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't used that 1 but I just did a blaster for a customer,he bought a cylinder/top end kit from ebay for I believe around 239 and it had a resleaved oem jug vitos ss piston and good gaskets,so far so good

I'm going to be honest. I just received 2 of them yesterday. I buy, fix, flip quads and bought a titled blaster for $150. The old cylinder was bad. I mean bad, and it's bore was unborable. So I ordered them and will probably see how it runs Tom. The only thing you don't get is the bearing for the piston...

Thanks Quadman1 for the reply.
I am seriously considering buying one of these kits just to try and improve the ports/etc without ruining the stock cylinder on one of the blasters I have now. Does it seem as if these cylinders share the same 'shape' as a stock cylinder and a person would benefit from trying to 'massage' the ports in the same manner as people do the stock cylinders? Or are they manufactured in a way that doesn't leave much room for improvement?
I do realize that depending on a person's skill level, that they could easily destroy a cylinder if they are not careful or know what they are doing, so lets just pretend that I am highly skilled :) . I am just curious as to how the port design in general compares to a stock cylinder and if there is room for improvement (similar to what a person would do to a stock cylinder).
Thanks!

Reactions: Scott Pepple
I don't know to much about porting or ports so I wouldn't know sorry. I installed it today and the blaster wouldn't start. Compression seems really strong compared to my other rebuilt blaster. I have to look over it tomorrow to see why it won't fire up.

Thanks for the reply Quadman1.
Curious, was the blaster you are working on even running before you installed this kit? Above you said it was "titled" but didn't mention if it ran or not is why I ask. I hope it turns out to be something simple and you get it running soon enough.

I may just buy one of these kits to have just in case.

I bought it and it needed a top end. Piston ring was melted on piston. Found the kit for $85 shipped so I popped on it.

Investigate why the piston ring was melted to the piston.

It usually means that you were running way to lean.

Check your jets, clean the carb, set the float level and before you put the carb back on, leak test the engine.

Reactions: Anthony201
Well my bike wouldnt start again so did a compression test. Got 65. Thought it was a misread and got 65 again. Compression tested my other rebuilt blaster and got 136. Do time to tear it apart and see if this is junk or somthing wrong on my end.

Do not buy this kit. Pieces of the cylinder are laying in my bottom end. Broke right off. Took a chance and it didnt pay off. Will contact seller to have my money refunded.

Reactions: TypicalGuy
bought this exact cylinder from this exact seller, been running it for months now and still running awesome. jsut my 2 cents. didnt do a thing to it, just bolted it on with a wiseco piston and started first kick. bought a backup in the same purchase and i can't tell a difference between it and a stock jug looks wise.

found the problem you missed the sticker lol..:eek:

cylinder vostor 1.jpg

Last edited: