Anyone ever use this cylinder kit?

I realize that you get what you pay for 99% of the time, but there is that 1% of the time that you get lucky and a cheaper part/kit ends up being exactly what you needed and proves to be better than the price. I was just wondering since 219 of these kits were sold *IF maybe someone here has actually tried one of these kits and has any feedback on them.
Let's face it, we all don't have money falling out our a$$e$ and especially when it comes to something we use for fun and isn't a meaning of getting back/forth to our tax paying position at a local sweat shop.

Anyone ever use these or personally know someone who has? What do you/did they think about them?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161206197107?lpid=82

Just wondering personally as I don't need a cylinder and both of my Blasters are currently running, but I know there are a lot of people who could benefit from having some feedback on these kits.
I checked and couldn't find this already listed anywhere, so if it is already then please delete, Thanks!

Did you buy this and put it in? I was looking at the same one and can't find any others. I'd spend the money but this is the only one I could find that looks like it comes with the new cylinder?

That kit is junk I ordered one and got it in and the threads had to be chased,the cylinder ported, there was slag in the ports, chipped that crap out. The piston is a paperweight, there is a coating on the piston and on the intake side it was loose, sharp. I have a video of it on you tube. Look up 96 blaster build

Reactions: OConnor Racing
Why would you continue to use that oil if you think that's what caused the seizures?
i never said i continued using the inferior grade oil, but i did continue running the blaster after the "soft seizure" but with high grade oil and new gas (if that is what you mean). my buddy on the other hand continued to ride his bike (because he is a goof) on the same mix of gas and inferior grade oil and after two rides his top end was worn out. dose not it seem coincidental that three bikes all have cylinder damage and substandard compression after running the same batch of inferior grade oil on the same day from the same gas jug.

Last edited:
Describe a "soft seize"

Most piston seizes are caused by poor jetting, incorrect oil ratios and inadequate warm up time.

Poor quality oil is usually responsible for excessive wear but seldom will cause a seize.
about 30 minutes into the ride i was 6th gear WOT on a flat farm road. the engine did not seem to want to rev out all the way as if it was under too mush load or as if i shifted way too early . about 8 seconds later it abruptly it began to bog and before i could squeeze the clutch it began to rapidly decelerate and came to a stop. then i went to start it back up; the force to crank the engine was excessive, i could almost stand on the kick starter to crank over the engine and after several difficult strokes it was able to start up again and i limped it home avoiding high rpms.

WOT in 6th gear with a jetting on the lean side and an oil ratio too lean to adequately lubricate will cause an engine lock up.

If one is going to WOT for a substantial period with any 2 stroke, you must increase the quantity of oil in the mix and jet accordingly.

Reactions: OConnor Racing