Another engine

OConnor Racing

Mines Bigger
Technician
Dec 1, 2009
CT
www.kenoconnorracing.com
I decided to build another engine for the Bud-Light Blaster. This will be the third one this year. It's a 4mm stroker ( thanks for the crank Slick!) with an LA Sleeve 240 cylinder. The cases are trenched and match ported and I'm in the process of doing the cylinder. I'll post more pics as I take them. Here's the cylinder work I did last night for the sleeve install. Doing this on the lathe is really fast. I was able to take .125” cuts. Try that on conventional boring equipment. Check out the intake bridge after the boring for the sleeve is done. I've got to run some numbers but I think I can get away with cutting it out if I don't make the port wider.

240LASleeve001.jpg

240LASleeve002.jpg

240LASleeve003.jpg

240LASleeve004.jpg

240LASleeve005.jpg

240LASleeve006.jpg

240LASleeve007.jpg

Reactions: myusername
Amazing you have had anytime to do this with all you've done for me! Thanks! Oh ya looks good, Will it be ready for your visit? If not you will at least be able to see what your +3 work has done when you rip on mine!!

never ceasing to amaze us!!!!!
and i agree, that bridge has to go, whats left of it, wont the bridge in the sleeves ports act in the same manner????

I did the math and that little pecker is gone! CT does it and the port will look just like a CR 250 when done. The engine will never be done in time for the trip to PA. I'm burried in the shop (thanks AWK)! I did get the sleeve in today and will post pics later.

heheheehehehehehehehehehe you said pecker

yb, that divider is there to help with ring support and taking it out effects the port width

any of the builders feel free to correct me if i'm wrong here

The rings never touch that bridge. The bottom of the boost port is where you need to be careful and yes......engine builders step in.........I'm all for it. The size of the port works but it may have problems. I'm willing to try it as is. Port area should be able to be adjusted by not making the port any larger than I have to, to make the rings live.

Well, I got a little break waiting for parts today so I sunk the LA Sleeve, cut the penis out of the intake bridge and started working the ports. This cylinder is no where close to being done. I don't have the piston so I went very conservative for now. The CT cylinder is a special forge so I'm limited at what I can do with the LA Sleeve. I don't like the way that the the intake port is straight on both sides but I'm going to try it. The other thing is the bottom of the intake port. I want to build a huge radius into the bottom but I'm limited by the amount of material in that section of the cylinder. Bottom line is I'm reasonably sure this will work and if it doesn't , I'll be the first to know.
Here's some pics of the cases, head, cylinder and porting.
240LASleeve2001.jpg

240LASleeve2002.jpg

240LASleeve2003.jpg

240LASleeve2004.jpg

240LASleeve2005.jpg

240LASleeve2006.jpg

240LASleeve2007.jpg

240LASleeve2008.jpg

Is this the firebreather? It looks like that open intake port is going to be a monster.

Are you going to trim the piston skirt out to match or leave it for strength?

I like the chamfering of the sides of the intake port below the ring line to make sure nothing catches.

I just want you to know my wife hates you now. I've located an electric die grinder and a lot of burrs I like. She just rolled her eyes. :)

It's sitting on a bench waiting for me to get some time to work on it. Looking at my backlog of work, I'll probably get it finished in the Fall. The bottom end is done and the cylinder is close but still needs more work.