Annoying Signatures

The problem here is nobody has to meet your approval. You are not a mod and there are no rules being violated. I will be putting a quote of my choice in my sig BECAUSE I CAN! If I were you I would take AWK's advice and ignore the sigs you don't want to see.

I AM WITH YOU THERE ARE NO RULES BEING VIOLATED SOO YOU CAN POST THE QUOTES YOU WANT IN YOUR SIG AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE BIG SIG JUST IGNORE IT :p;)

I started this thread so that people will at least think about how annoying their signature may be to others, and to offer suggestions on making it less so.

A signature should be 'easy to glance over' and not blend in with the main message. It should not take up lots of vertical space either.

So please only reply to this thread if you WANT a review. My reviews will only be in this thread, nowhere else. I promise to be courteous and offer suggestions that will make the forum more readable for all. And the great thing is that changing your signature updates it on all your old posts.

so is my sig too big? :p

I'm just glad I passes the newbie's test! Lol

At the beginning, he said you had too much NORMAL sized lettering...

you do know that if you click the "user cp" at the top right of every page, scroll down the list, there is an option to "edit your ignore list"
take some time this evening, before your brain fries from these sigs you dislike, and make a list of everyone who's sig annoys you, then add them to your "ignore list"
none of their posts will show up at all for you, in any thread, and you can return to learning, working on and riding your blaster.
instead of petty little things driving you nuts on the internet.

so....who's riding this weekend ? I:I

We went riding for a few hours today I:I well, i was stuck home cause my friend doesnt have a quad :/
And if he ignores us, he wont get all the good info.

I started this thread so that people will at least think about how annoying their signature may be to others, and to offer suggestions on making it less so.

A signature should be 'easy to glance over' and not blend in with the main message. It should not take up lots of vertical space either.

So please only reply to this thread if you WANT a review. My reviews will only be in this thread, nowhere else. I promise to be courteous and offer suggestions that will make the forum more readable for all. And the great thing is that changing your signature updates it on all your old posts.

I dont think anyone WANTS a review, you just being a little OCD on how sigs MUST BE. Just ignore them, you see everyones a few times and you wont even notice them...

so is my sig too big? :p

A little big, why not crop out the sides and just leave the blaster? the tree on the right side isnt very important...

Edit: Is this post to big?? :eek: :eek:

At the beginning, he said you had too much NORMAL sized lettering...

We went riding for a few hours today I:I well, i was stuck home cause my friend doesnt have a quad :/
And if he ignores us, he wont get all the good info.

I dont think anyone WANTS a review, you just being a little OCD on how sigs MUST BE. Just ignore them, you see everyones a few times and you wont even notice them...

A little big, why not crop out the sides and just leave the blaster? the tree on the right side isnt very important...

Edit: Is this post to big?? :eek: :eek:

Thanks for quoting me in your sig but you got it wrong I said "That's not a Banshee that's a tank. It has suspension but I'm sure it has the handling dynamics of a freight train." Lol
Also I finally made my own sig so it can be graded

King I find your SIG too small to read. Too small is there such a thing.

Beatin Blaster I could not see your SIG as I could not take my eyes off your Avitar.

Everyone else I have seen your sigs a million times I barely even notice them anymore. I can however recognize a poster by his SIG photo and Avatar. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Awk I am riding today. Getting ready to head out to some gravel pits with the boy.

Thanks for quoting me in your sig but you got it wrong I said "That's not a Banshee that's a tank. It has suspension but I'm sure it has the handling dynamics of a freight train." Lol
Also I finally made my own sig so it can be graded

I know, but its funnier that its changed, and I only changed like two words I:I

For those with slow internet connections, and there are still a few of us that are rural, anything big is a curse.

It takes so damn long to load!

We are not all fortunate to have high speed connections.

I live in inland Australia and third world countries have a better internet service than I do!

If you think someone's picture is huge, send them a pm. Don't try to tell everyone what to do, you have no right. Only awk has that right...

I messaged prchrist before he shrunk his picture. Now its fixed, so either ask them nicely, or ignore them...

I definitely don't have anything against signatures but they do sometimes make it hard for people to follow a conversation, especially if the signature is 10 times the size of the actual comment.

When we upgrade the site in the coming months, we will try to solve this issue in a couple of ways:

• Will set some basic ground rule for the max height of the signature (Please do though in some recommendation for this)
  • If the signature image is wider then the actual post the image is, it will auto scale down so that is never goes off the screen and make you scroll right to see the full post.
  • Possibly add a new option for Supporting Members to be able to completely turn on/off visibility of all signatures if they wish.

Please let us know what you think of those and your feedback.

Don't try to tell everyone what to do, you have no right. Only awk has that right...

I haven't told anyone to do anything. I started a thread in 'Feedback' basically saying that sigs can be an annoying distraction to the readability of the main thread.

If I wanted tell people what to do, I would tell you to remove your TORS! Oh yea, and why not become a Supporting Member? This is a great site. I:I

I definitely don't have anything against signatures but they do sometimes make it hard for people to follow a conversation, especially if the signature is 10 times the size of the actual comment.

When we upgrade the site in the coming months, we will try to solve this issue in a couple of ways:

• Will set some basic ground rule for the max height of the signature (Please do though in some recommendation for this)
  • If the signature image is wider then the actual post the image is, it will auto scale down so that is never goes off the screen and make you scroll right to see the full post.
  • Possibly add a new option for Supporting Members to be able to completely turn on/off visibility of all signatures if they wish.

Please let us know what you think of those and your feedback.

ive been on some forums where you can turn off avitars and sigs because people put half or full naked girls in them and you couldnt read the forum around your kids or at work lol. that is a good idea, i agree the sig pics are HUGE and kinda annoying, but im not complaining, i deal with it

Everyone needs to chill. I know he may seem a little rude to some of the members but he is giving an opinion in the feed back section that he may feel is a problem. At this point, he has the right to be heard like any other member.

ive been on some forums where you can turn off avitars and sigs because people put half or full naked girls in them and you couldnt read the forum around your kids or at work lol. that is a good idea, i agree the sig pics are HUGE and kinda annoying, but im not complaining, i deal with it

I think there is actually a browser plugin that will remove ALL website images, styling and background so that all you see it boring text. That will definitely make it seem like you are researching something boring for work:)

Anyway, a feature to turn of all signatures may be a nice additional feature for Supporting Members.

ive been on some forums where you can turn off avitars and sigs because people put half or full naked girls in them

Can you please send me links to those forums......strictly for comparing those sig sizes to ours....LOL I:I