Annoying Signatures

KingJPW

Blasteraholic
Apr 19, 2013
San Diego, CA
Hey Mods - I need to vent about signatures with large pictures and unnecessary quotes. They make it really hard to follow the thread. Lots of excessive scrolling too. I can understand a small picture of one’s Blaster. We know they are proud of it. But why add humorous quotes? I find myself re-reading these damn quotes over and over. Aren’t they just tempting someone to go off topic and reply. In fact the quote IS off topic. Can’t there be a rule about this? X(

Reactions: cbaber
I happen to like the funny quotes. Also I like when the mods and jetting are in there. This helps a lot of people.

I think mods and jetting are great. A small pic is fine too. My only criticism of your sig is too much text in the same font as the main thread.

Hey everyone, post a reply here, and as a free service I will critique your signature. :D

I figure my picture is an okay size, it used to be huge...

Mud Runner has a bigger picture, on my ipod it causes the page to be widened just to fit his picture...

Herp your going to get yelled at for having a quote in your sig! Haha. I'll get the pic of the skid plate for you tonight. Pm me your number so I can text it to you.

I can't believe the nerve of this newbie, 18 posts and already critisizing other members and our forum ! Sounds like one of them d bags from the other forum, possibly someone that got banned from our forum and is now taking their anger out on everyone. I will say theyre pretty well spoken tho haha.

justinehr18 : No sig is fine.
JBRoc01blaster: Your sig is fine.
blasterdemon7 Your sig is okay, but really should remove link to the review.

I think mods and jetting are great. A small pic is fine too. My only criticism of your sig is too much text in the same font as the main thread.

Hey everyone, post a reply here, and as a free service I will critique your signature. :D

you do know that if you click the "user cp" at the top right of every page, scroll down the list, there is an option to "edit your ignore list"
take some time this evening, before your brain fries from these sigs you dislike, and make a list of everyone who's sig annoys you, then add them to your "ignore list"
none of their posts will show up at all for you, in any thread, and you can return to learning, working on and riding your blaster.
instead of petty little things driving you nuts on the internet.

i run a very low screen resolution, so sigs do appear bigger to me, if i see any that are overly large for me, i do resize them to an acceptable level.
what screen resolution are you running ?
maybe it's on your end the pics are appearing too large ?
everyone seems to run different size monitors/screens and resolutions, and they may not know their pics appear overly large to others ???

so....who's riding this weekend ? I:I

I started this thread so that people will at least think about how annoying their signature may be to others, and to offer suggestions on making it less so.

A signature should be 'easy to glance over' and not blend in with the main message. It should not take up lots of vertical space either.

So please only reply to this thread if you WANT a review. My reviews will only be in this thread, nowhere else. I promise to be courteous and offer suggestions that will make the forum more readable for all. And the great thing is that changing your signature updates it on all your old posts.

The problem here is nobody has to meet your approval. You are not a mod and there are no rules being violated. I will be putting a quote of my choice in my sig BECAUSE I CAN! If I were you I would take AWK's advice and ignore the sigs you don't want to see.