And again I have aquired a new project haha

04YamahaRider

Jun 11, 2011
Cullman, Alabama
My buddy found a 1997 Honda CR80r in the woods this past weekend and gave it to me since he didn't want to fix it, it needs some work as always....needs a Clutch lever assembly, clutch lever, clutch cable, grips, Fmf fatty exhaust flange, every bolt holding it together, rear number plates, chain & sprockets and thats about it so far. Prolly a carb cleaning is in order too.

before you put money in it make sure its not stolen. Someone could of took it and ditched it or just got pissed at someone and threw it in the woods.

Sweet. Congrats!

Thanks man! it was a lucky find, especially since it isn't stolen! I:I
(Pics are soon)

Started cleaning it up a bit. Cleaned the carb. out, it had some gunked up gas in it, that would have been an issue trying to start it lol

I still need a flange though, does an a/m pipe usually come with its own flange or does it work with the stock one?

PICS!!

V__DE81-1.jpg

V__30CD-1.jpg

V__2301.jpg

V__09AE.jpg

sweet find i had a 96 cr 80 little bikes get up and go! wish i could find something like that and fix it up

that thing looks to be in pretty good shape to just be laying in the woods. i wish i could find something cool like that on the trails.

Well it is in such 'good' condition because someone dumped it last weekend, we ride our trails mostly everyday because we live so close and that's how we're first to find cool stuff I:I

Well today i went and picked up my parts for the exhaust, got it together and tried to start it, no luck. My friend said he checked electrical and it fires, it's getting fuel, I'm thinking it could need a new plug. Any ideas?

try a new plug. if the store isnt open just hit the plug with a lighter and then check gap and sand the ends. Just to see if it starts get a new plug tho.