american star a-arm trouble

i got the same issue there sending me new ones i asked about regular ball joints they said they could only send me the lower ones they told me they didn't have the upper ones unless i got some banshee spindles

man I'm sorry to hear that. If I were you I would get a set of yfz450 or raptor spindles, you already have yfz450 front shocks so your blaster should already have the added height. Plus you can then convert to hydro brakes for the front. Thats the whole reason I really wanted the asr a-arms...no point in going fast if you can't stop.

My replacement set of heims took a poop on me too. I emailed asr and they are sending me some ball joints as well.

I found a set of banshee spindles that I'm planning on buying to make them work.

I give asr credit, they stand behind their products and go above and beyond to make it right.

Yes yfz 450 spindles work the best. I don't have those on my blaster though, I'm using raptor 660 spindles with the 660 calipers. I'll help anyone out that needs it.

Reactions: dirtysquared
I got another set of upper hiem joints courtesy of ASR I got regular ball joints for the lower ones now also from ASR so far so good but i only have about a half hour on the new joints (bloody counter shaft bearing cut my last ride short caught it soon enough no damage just an engine tear down) i got enough bad hiem joints i could make one hell of a wind chime

So i'm looking into swapping spindles so i can run sealed joints the last set that ASR gave me took a dump and are starting to get tight and i'm not gonna put another set on i want sealed joints these heim joints have been nothing but problems i've lubed them after every ride kept them clean and i'm just done so ASR said something about running banshee spindles then they would beable to send me sealed uppers and mrdieselman mentioned running yfz450 spindles i got an 04 blaster so i already have disc brakes up front so is there any difference between running either banshee or yzf450 spindles or are they the same

I know about running banshee spindles and hubs and than you can run yfz450 calipers but im not sure that the spidles off the yfz will fit, from my knowledge and past and present custom front break plans, I have not found yfz spindles to fit, now if they will that will save me a hella time and my future brake set up wont be such a frankenstien

Banshee spindles work and everything bolts up. That's what I'm running. I actually have a pair of raptor 350 spindles sitting on my work bench. Everything will bolt up to them as well. If you want them we can work out a price.

I have a set of yfz hubs (no discs) sitting in the junk pile, the inner bearing wouldn't fit onto the bearing spacer of the KOR spindle. (which is blaster/shee based)
it may have just required an inner bearing swap in the hub ? looking at the 2, it appears the O.D's of all the hub bearings are the same, but the I.D's are different ?
we needed this thing running asap, so banshee hubs were a sure thing instead of a bearing swap investigation.
the yfz brake discs did swap onto banshee hubs though.

just my experience with frankenstien-ing front brakes :)

Banshee spindles work and everything bolts up. That's what I'm running. I actually have a pair of raptor 350 spindles sitting on my work bench. Everything will bolt up to them as well. If you want them we can work out a price.
if those raptor 350 spindles are still available I would be interested. pm me. for some reason I cant pm anyone

Reactions: Awk08
I had the same problem with ASR heims, not sure if all their stock is bad but I bough some elsewhere locally which look identical but are super smooth even after a year of riding.

The large joints are part number XMR12 and the smaller ones XMR8

Reactions: Markblaster